Chapter 71

Spin came over Lexi's house with our friends, Lexi's friends included. I sat on the couch and watched as they filled up the room. Even though it was filled with people we loved, I still felt all alone. That one person that made me feel alive and like I had someone who would always be by my side, wasn't there. At this point, I was fighting back the tears as everyone came in smiling and saying their hellos. When they sat down, Spin stood up.

Spin: wassup y'all?

Torion: aye it's been a minute since we've all been together.

Akilah: no lie

Keyarra: yeah, it feels good to be together as a group again. I mean, yeah, we hang out w/ each other but it's been a while since we've ALL been together.

Xavia: yeah but we're not all together. Where's Lexi?

I looked up at Spin and he looked at me, then down at his feet.

Spin: that's why I called y'all over. It's about Lexi.

They got quiet and looked worried.

Zendaya: I don't like the way you said that.

Spin: umm...Lexi isn't here because...she's...dead

Zendaya: WHAT?!?!?!

Roger: stop lyin

Serina started crying and so did everyone else. Tears started running down my face as they all started crying.

Spin: her car blew up last night & uhh...she was in it.

He wiped the tears from his face and tried to calm everyone down.

Akilah: where's her body then?! I wanna see it for myself!

Spin: there was no body. Just ash.

Akilah: no. I refuse to believe that she's gone. She could still be out there.

She was going back and forth with Spin about that and I couldn't take it anymore. All the crying, yelling & screaming. It was just too much. I got up & ran upstairs. I slammed the door & threw myself on the bed. A few seconds later, I heard a knock on the door. I didn't say anything but whoever it was still came in. It was Serina.

Serina: hey

Me:...hey Ri

Serina: I thought you might need a friend

She sat on the bed next to me.

Me: I need Lexi

Serina: I know. We all do.

Me: I don't think she's dead, Ri. I know that sounds crazy, but I just don't. & it's not just cuz I don't wanna believe it.

Serina:...to be honest, I don't either. Neither does Akilah.

Me: I gotta find her. I won't give up. I bet Chris set this up. I'm not gonna give up, Ri.

Serina: I won't either

Me: what?

Serina: I don't think she's gone either. So I wanna help you & I won't give up either. Just know that I'm always here for you. We all are.

Me: *half smiles* thanks *hugs her*

Serina: *hugs back* anytime

We went downstairs. Everyone was still doing what they were doing when I left. Except Akilah and Spin stopped going back and forth with each other. Serina spoke first. She told them about what we thought about all this. Then I spoke.

Me: I mean, how could the body be completely gone leaving no remains. They say it was all ash but how could it burn to all ash that fast?

They thought about what we said for a minute.

Spin: *nods* you're right

Me: I'm not giving up.

So now they got the whole gang on the lookout. If she's still alive, will they find her? Or will they find her but just see her body somewhere? Leave feedback.