Love or Fame ~ Chapter 22

Chapter 22

*after leaving the hospital*

J: You hungry?

me: no, i'm fine. just take me home please.

J: I'm really sorry about your wrist Lexi.

me: Jason, it's ok. Dont even worry about it.

J: You know Digg-

Me: We are NOT about to bring him up.

J: sorry. I was just tryi-

Me: Can you just shut up & drive?!

J: *looks at me* Sure..

Me: *deep breath* im sorry Jason. It's just i have alot of my mind.. my wrist hurts & im tired.

J: *nods* I understand

Me: *leans over & kisses his cheek*

J: *smiles at me*

Me: *smiles back*

*At My House*

Me: goodnight J

J: goodnight beautiful

Jason got in his own car and gave me my keys back. He drove off and I went inside. I checked my phone and of course, I had missed calls from Diggy. I wish he'd just stop harassing me. He calls a lot and he's always getting me upset. Honestly, I'm getting tired of him. I went upstairs to my room and changed into my pajama shorts and tank top. When I was on my way to the kitchen, I got a text from Diggy.

*text*

D: you keep ignoring my calls when all I'm tryna do is ask you how you are and how your hand is. Call me back please...when you get out or text me if you want. I'm sorry I pushed you. I'm sorry for everything. </3

I was gonna text him back and let him know that my wrist is okay but then I walked in my kitchen and there he was.

Me: OMG! Diggy! You scared me!

D: I'm sorry. I didn't hear you come in. But then again, I was in your backyard so I wouldn't have heard you.

Me: why are you still here?

D: I wanted to talk to you. That's why I came over here earlier in the first place.

Me: *sigh* about what Diggy?

D:...where's Jason?

Me: he left

D: great. So I came over to tell you that I have another interview to go to tomorrow. 105.1...I'm gonna tell them that I lied the last time about the kiss.

Me, sarcastically: yeah, okay

D: I'm serious Lexi *walks closer to me* I wanna fix this. I told you that I would do anything to fix it and if this is what I have to do for you to forgive me, then I'll do it. *takes my hands* I miss how we used to be. I really do care about you. I really like you. I know I said I didn't wanna be with you but everyone knows that that's a lie. Lexi, you're all I think about. Please, forgive me. *kisses my head* please? *slowly kisses me*

This time I didn't pull away. I was caught up in the moment. The kiss continued until everything came back. The memories of why I was mad at him came back and I pulled away.

Me: Diggy

D: *sigh* what's wrong? Why are you pulling away this time?

Me: how do I know that you won't cancel the interview if I say I forgive you?

D: I won't

Me: how do I know that?

D: do you trust me?

Me:...do you really wanna ask me that? Cuz I don't think you're gonna like the answer Diggy. Anyway, I just don't wanna get hurt again. I told you what you need to do to fix everything and you took the first step to getting that done. But until you actually do the interview, I'm gonna need you to just leave me alone. Stop harassing me please. Now, can you please go home?

D:...okay then *hugs me* goodnight *walks away*

Me: wait *grabs his hand*

D: yeah?

Me: I care about you too. I'll be honest. That never stopped. I just don't wanna take any chances with you and get hurt again Diggy.

D:...I understand. I really hurt you and I'm sorry. I was even mad at myself for that. But can I ask you something?

Me: anything

D: after I do the interview, where do we go from there?

Me:...we'll see. We'll work on it

D: *smiles* okay *walks out*