Who Names A Person Anyways

It's been nine months. Lindsay's due any day now. Gavin and I exchanged the Bentley out for a blue minivan and I honestly can't stop laughing at it. We have the guest room decked the fuck out with so many different baby things. It was painted a pastel pink and god was it terrible to look at. We set it up a month ago. Sometimes I would find Gavin just standing in the doorway staring at the room in the middle of the night. He made us go to parenting classes. Seeing a lady give birth on a screen in front of a bunch of soon-to-be parents was not on my bucket list. Gavin and I were hanging out at work right now. We were waiting for Geoff to get out of a meeting so we could film. "Ryan, you get a million dollars, but you have to marry the next woman you see," Gavin was questioning. I almost snorted at Ryan's reaction. His face scrunched up and he shook his head, "I'm happy with my wife, thank you very much." Gavin huffed, "Okay, but what if your wife isn't in the picture?" "I could say the same for your husband," Ryan answered. I sat up at looked over at Ryan, "Woah. Is that a threat?" Ryan eyed me, "Maybe it is, maybe it's not." "Come the fuck at me Haywood," I puffed out my chest and straightened my posture.

Gavin put his hand in front of me and one pointing in Ryan's direction, "Calm down you too. I don't want anyone fighting over me." I broke out laughing which cause Jeremy and Ryan to start laughing as well. "Like anyone would fight over you," I joked. Gavin looked upset, "You wouldn't fight for me?!" "Gavin, babe. No one would fight over you because I'd kick their ass in a minute," I smirked. Gavin crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair, "You're damn right you would." "Why do I even pay my cable bill? You guys are better than any show I could watch," Jeremy mumbled through quiet laughter. I dramatically spun my chair to face him, "We can't be that entertaining." Jeremy just smiled and playfully rolled his eyes at me before turning his attention back to his monitor. I leaned back and took out my phone to play some random game on it while we continued to wait. Then my phone started ringing all of a sudden and I answered it too fast to read the caller ID. "Michael! Come quick, Lindsay's having the baby!" I heard Lindsay's mother shout through the phone. My eyes went wide, "Shit! Okay, okay. We'll be there as soon as we can. Tell her to hold it until we get there!" I heard her mom start laughing right before I hung up the phone. I stood up rather quickly and grabbed Gavin's arm. He looked at me in shock.

"We're having a baby!" I shouted, answering the questioned looks from everyone. Ryan and Jeremy congratulated us. Gavin jumped to his feet and grabbed his jacket. I snatched the car keys and said my goodbyes. Gavin and I literally ran out of the building and jumped into the car. I started up the car and drove onto the street. Gavin was bouncing in his seat and I couldn't stop taping my fingers on the steering wheel. "We're having a baby Micoo! A baby! A tiny little thing," Gavin cooed. "Wait fuck. Gavin is the car seat in the back?" I exclaimed, suddenly realizing a checklist in my head. Gavin peered into the backseat and nodded, "Strapped and ready." I glanced at him for a second, "How about the emergency bag?" Gavin looked back again, "Got it." "The-" Gavin interrupted me by putting his hand on my thigh, "We have everything. It's going to be alright." I took a deep breath and nodded, "I'm just sort of scared that we're going to fuck something up and our little girl will have a bad first day, y'know?" Gavin's hand jolted to cover his mouth, "We haven't picked out a name." "Gavin! Why would you tell me that?" I freaked. "It's important, Michael! A person can't come into this world without a name!" Gavin panicked.

It took us longer to reach the hospital than we anticipated. Lindsay was already about to give birth when we arrived. She harshly yelled at us for being late, but I knew she was just acting this way because of the pain. Gavin wouldn't stop clutching my arm and looking away. He was always squeamish around blood. I couldn't feel either of my hands. Lindsay was squeezing my right hand so hard I thought she might break it and Gavin was possibly cutting off the circulation to my left hand by squeezing my arm. I acted relatively calm throughout the whole thing. Three hours it took. Three hours and there was a crying baby, bloody and beautiful, being cleaned up by the doctors. Three hours and Lindsay was telling us to hold her. Three hours and I had my child in my arms. Three hours and I could thank Lindsay for everything, literally. "She's beautiful," Gavin smiled and he watched the baby wrap her tiny little fingers around his seemingly giant thumb. Lindsay was smiling and trying to catch her breath, "You guys owe me a big one now." I chuckled, "Yeah. We really do." "So did you guys pick a name?" She asked us. Gavin and I looked at each other and we instantly knew. "Lindsay Marie Jones," we said simultaneously. Lindsay, obviously after the one who gave birth to her, and Marie after Gavin's mother's middle name.