Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass

[A/N: Touchy subject at the end!! Read at your own risk.]

It was Christmas Eve now. Lindsay decided to stay at her parents house, after calling them yesterday and talking it out. Gavin and I were spending Christmas alone this year, just the two of us. He hid all his gifts for me in the guest room and mine were stuffed in the closet under my clothes. We officially decided we were going to have a 'Wrap Off' to see which one of us could wrap the other's presents quicker. I stayed in our bedroom to wrap mine and Gavin stayed in the guest room. We put each other on a voice call to be fair about the times. I bet Gavin by two seconds. He groaned and finished wrapping the last present as I laughed at him being a sore loser. We put all the gifts under the tree and fell back on the couch. I laid down with my head in his lap. "Damn, my hands hurt from all that," I clenched and unclenched my hands as if to make them feel better. Gavin took his hands in mine and started to rub them. I smirked at him, "We never decided on what the loser had to do." Gavin looked fake scared. He let go of my hands and I thought for a moment, "Loser makes Christmas dinner." Gavin sighed in relief, "Really? I had to do it anyways." I chuckled, "It's a joke Gav. I had another plan in mind." He raised an eyebrow at me with a smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes, "No you thirsty fuck." He frowned and I reached up to punch his big nose. He stuck his tongue out at me before kissing my nose. "God, when did we get so domestic? It's disgusting," I sat up and chuckled. Gavin wrapped an arm around my shoulder, "You love it."

We had a bottle of wine afterwards. Gavin had pulled me onto the couch, on top of him as he laid down. He wrapped his arms around my waist. The two of us started to fall asleep. His phone started to buzz and scared us. Gavin jumped up which tossed me onto the ground. I recollected myself as he answered the phone. I rubbed my elbow and crossed my legs. "Oh, Meg. Hello," Gavin yawned out. I frowned. What did she want? "No I wasn't doing anything. Why?" Gavin ran a hand through his messy hair. I crossed my arms and pouted like a child. "It's like what... seven?" Gavin laid back on the couch, basically forgetting I was in the room. "Yeah sure. We'll be there," Gavin said before hanging up the phone. I rolled my eyes and stormed off to the bedroom. Gavin followed, "Michael, she wants us to come over for an hour at most. Just to talk okay?" "No," I said, blatantly upset. Gavin stood over me, "Come on love. I'll be there with you. I know we have a harsh past, but I'm sure she just wants to apologize." "One hour," I glared at him. "Let's put on something nice, how bout we?" He rubbed my arm and smiled.

I drove the two of us to Meg's house. I didn't speak to Gavin the whole ride there. When we go to her house, she greeted us at the front door and invited us in. The three of us sat down on the couch and talked for a while. Meg stared at me, "Look, Michael. I'm sorry for being so mean to you before. I was just going through a rough time and I took it out on you for some reason. No harsh feelings though. Right?" I shrugged, "Whatever." She clapped her hands together, "Great! Now Gavin, could you come here a minute? I have presents for the two of you." Gavin looked at me before going off with Meg. I shrunk into the couch, arms crossed. "I can't believe him. Fucking bringing me here and going off alone with her," I muttered to myself. I took out my phone and decided to shoot a text to my mom and brother, wishing them a Merry Christmas. I heard some banging and a few curse words from Meg. I narrowed my eyes at the hallway. Gavin was walking behind her, carrying a box wrapped in blue wrapping paper. Meg was carrying a slightly bigger box, dragging it mostly. They sat the boxes down on the floor in front of the couch as Gavin sat down next to me. Meg sat across from us, "Go on and open them!"

I tore open the smaller box. It was a black Keurig coffee maker. "Shit Meg. This is really nice, thank you," I looked up at her in surprise. She smiled and nudged Gavin, "Open that one." Gavin tore at the paper on the box and broke out in laughter when he opened it. I peaked at the box, but I wasn't laughing, "How'd you know we needed a new coffee table?" "Gav told me," Meg replied with such confidence that I made my blood boil. "Oh so you two have been talking?" I glanced at Gavin who nodded, oblivious to what I was hinting at. "For how long?" I looked over at Meg. "Since you two got back," she smirked at me, "Can I talk to you in the hall for a second?" I glanced at Gavin who was too busy loading the gifts into the car as I followed Meg. She pushed me against the wall and almost snarled at me, "You married him, but I'm gonna win him back." I narrowed my eyes at her, "Yeah fucking right. Just move on already. Your tricks don't do shit anymore." "Oh really?" She raised an eyebrow before grabbing my wrist and holding it up, "Are you still acting like a little baby huh?" I yanked my wrist back, "Fuck off." "Come on, Michael. You know he hates you. If he loved you, he wouldn't have brought you here," Meg tugged at my mind.

Meg grabbed my wrist again and dug her neatly polished nail into it, "You are a worthless cunt and Gavin's just bottom feeding off you. He only married you to keep the burden off himself. Hang yourself again already. It'd be a favor to him. Just make sure it fucking works this time." I felt tears spring to my eyes. I would go off on her, but Gavin was probably back in the house by now. "Now get out of my house you fag," she spit at me. I wiped my eyes, yanked my arm back, and stomped out to the car. Gavin said goodbye to Meg before following me into the car. I started driving home immediately. Gavin said nothing about me being upset. In fact, I think he was oblivious to it. When we got home, I downed a bottle of wine myself and took a shower. Gavin had fallen asleep on the bed already. I fell asleep next to him. I woke up to a giddy Gavin, shaking me. I groaned and opened my eyes. "Merry Christmas love!" He shouted at me. "Kiss my ass," I rolled over and pulled my pillow over my head. Gavin scooped me up and carried me out to the living room. I had forgotten about visiting Meg last night, as I was slightly drunk when we arrived. Totally save to drive. We opened our gifts together, giving the other a kiss every now and then as a thanks. "Merry Christmas babe," I finally said, holding up a mistletoe and pecking him on the lips.