Broken Glass, Broken Ass

Gavin and I never fell back asleep. We stayed in bed though, just until around five in the morning. We then figured out some way that I could shower. It took a lot of effort and a giant trash bag taped over my leg, but somehow I took a shower. Gavin had to help me, especially getting me out of the shower. "I can dry myself off if you want to get breakfast," I nudged Gavin in the arm as I sat on the edge of bath tub. Gavin planted a kiss on the top of my head, "Shout if you need me." I smiled at him and waited until he closed the door behind him. I dried myself off as best as I could and somehow managed to put on my clothes. I took the hairdryer to my hair, setting it on the edge of the sink when I was done. I snatched my crutches from off the floor and stood up. I stopped to look in the mirror as I walked towards the door. I look terrible. My hair was a tangled mess, cut shorter than usual at least. My eyes were sunken in and my skin was half a tone lighter. I heard a squawk I recognized from Gavin and the sound of glass shattering. I quickly opened the door and rushed down the hallway, stepping too fast with the crutches and falling right on my ass.

"Jesus Christ! Are you okay?" Gavin rushed over and kneeled by my side . I sat my head down on the floor and closed my eyes, "Oh yeah I'm fantastic." Gavin wrapped one of his hands around my arm and another around my waist. He pulled me into a seated position. I slid my crutches out of the way and looked at Gavin. He looked like he was holding back a laugh. "Go ahead and laugh at me. I'm not hurt," I said and rolled my eyes. Gavin fell back in a fit of laughs, "You just- you just fell! Like you slipped on a bloody banana in a movie!" I cracked a smile and started to laugh with him. "Alright, alright. That's enough. Help me up now," I lifted my arms in the air near Gavin. He stood up and grabbed onto my arms. He slowly lifted me to my feet and then realized our mistake. I put half my body weight onto him and sighed, "Now how the hell do we get the crutches." Gavin pointed at the couch. I nodded and we somehow managed to get me over to the couch. I leaned backwards and rubbed my left elbow. Gavin out the crutches on the coffee table. "What was the glass that broke?" I blurted out. Gavin looked shocked for a minute, "I dropped a glass cup, but I cleaned it up."

"Damn good breakfast, boi," I praised Gavin as I stuffed a piece of the omelet he had made. Gavin had finished his a couple seconds prior. I quickly finished my plate and let Gavin put the plates in the dishwasher. He came back over and sat next to me on the couch. I put an arm around him and he leaned his head on my shoulder. "Geoff's going to be here any moment," Gavin yawned out. "Can you get me my shoes?" I nudged him in the arm.  Gavin nodded and stood up. He walked over to the door and bent down to pick up my right shoe and handed it to me. "I hate this," I accidentally said out loud as I put on my one shoe. "I know, love. I know," Gavin frowned and rubbed my back. The doorbell rang as Gavin jumped to his feet once again and rushed to answer it. He let Geoff inside after a quick greeting. "Hey Michael. You ready to go?" Geoff said to me. I nodded and stuck out my arms. Gavin came over to help me stand up as I stuck the crutches under my arms. Gavin grabbed our jackets off of the back of the couch, along with our phones, and walked over to the door. Geoff grabbed our house key and walked out the front door. I went out after Geoff. Gavin took the key from Geoff and locked the door behind us.

Geoff told a bunch of secret stories about things Gavin did when they lived together to cheer me up. It didn't work completely, but he got a laugh out of me. By the time we got to work, Geoff had told five stories. Gavin came around to my side to help me out of the car. Geoff handed me my crutches and we all headed for the office. Geoff held the door for us. "I have to go to a meeting so have fun," he said sarcastically before rushing off. Gavin and I sat down at our desks. Jeremy poked me in the arm, "Up for a video?" I shrugged, "Depends." Jeremy leaned back in his chair, "VR?" I grabbed my casted leg and held it up at Jeremy, "Wish I could." Jeremy looked down, "Shit yeah. Sorry pal." "It's cool," I said, putting my leg back on the ground. My phone started to ring, an unknown number. I shrugged it off and loaded up my computer. Once my phone stopped ringing, Gavin's started to. I glanced over at him as he answered it and stepped out. I looked over at Jeremy with a questionable look. He just shrugged and went back to his game. I went back to mine as well and waited for my husband to return.

When Gavin returned, he looked like he had gotten news that he inherited millions of dollars. He sat down and scooted closer to me. "What's up, babe?" I questioned him. "That was the mayor calling. He would like us to meet with him tonight," Gavin's lips formed a smile. I furrowed my brows, "What for?" Gavin leaned towards me more, his voice hushed, "He wants to discuss the plane crash and possibly pay for something you would really enjoy." "Gavin," I eyed him. "You'll know tonight," Gavin chuckled. "Asshole," I muttered. "Oh what's that?" He smirked. I stuck my tongue out at him. He just swiveled around in his chair and started to play a game. We, and by we I mean Gavin, Jeremy, Jack, and I, ended up filming a Let's Play. Geoff was still in a meeting and Gavin and I had to get home to meet the Mayor soon. I called us a cab to take us home then we quickly changed into somewhat fancy clothing that my cast had to argue with. We got back in the cab and Gavin told the driver where to go.

[A/N: Guess who's back from the dead. Hint: It's me. I know I don't update much, but school is literally a full time job when mixed with mental illness. I promise I'll update more now that breaks are coming. I'll see you guys in the next one.]