Burned Chicken

It's been two days. My last day here approached quickly. I never saw that girl from the other day again, but she didn't look like the type I would be friends with. Jackie had called me into her office again so I was on my way there. I reached the door and pushed it open. Jackie was sitting in the same seat as always so I took a seat in that beanbag chair again. "Nice to see you again, dear. I bet you're excited to leave," she greeted me. I nodded, "I can't wait to sleep in my own bed." She let out a small laugh, "I bet. Now, for our last meeting, I'll judge if you need further therapy after today." I shrugged, "Sounds good to me." I didn't pay attention to most of her questions this time. I just answered when I was supposed to and leaned back. We were about half an hour in when she waved in front of my face. "You're zoning out dear. Are you alright?" She questioned. "Oh sorry. I didn't even notice," I ran a hand through my hair, "Did you say something else?" "I said I was putting you on an anxiety medication that you need to pick up when you get home," Jackie let out a breath. "Alright," I replied to her. "Due to that, I won't be needing to follow up with you after this session. I have my number to your husband when he visited in case you ever need it," she finished.

Miss E brought me to my room and gave me my bag. I thanked her and held it up. "I also have a cab waiting for you out front, paid for already, and-" she handed he a paper, "This is for your prescription." "Thanks again," I flashed her a smile as I stuffed the paper in my pocket and let her lead me outside. I got into the cab and told the driver my address. I never told Gavin what time I was coming home, so he's probably going to be surprised. "Oh, scratch that. Can you take me to the nearest pharmacy first?" I said to the driver. He didn't say anything back, but nodded so I assumed he heard me. I sat back and went to take out my phone. I groaned when I realized I left it with Gavin. The driver came to a stop in front of the pharmacy and I thanked him and asked him to wait for me. I stepped out and walked up to the desk. I asked the lady sitting behind it to fill it out for me. She handed me a bag, telling me everything about the medication and that it was paid for by my insurance. I thanked her and got back into the cab. The driver headed for the house now. I thanked him and got out, staring at the front door.

I could see the living room light on from outside. I stepped up to the door and tried the knob, knowing Gavin would've left it open for me. I pulled the door open and peaked in. Gavin wasn't in the living room or kitchen. I stepped in, tossed my bag to the side, and shut the front door. I heard quick footsteps and saw Gavin come in from the hallway with a towel around his waist, one around his neck, and wet hair. I smiled at him as I held my arms out. He rushed over and pulled me into a hug. "I missed you so much," Gavin said as he planted a kiss on my forehead. "I missed you too," I smiled more at him. "As much as I love seeing you in a towel, go get dressed," I chuckled and tapped him on the bare chest. He chuckled and nodded. I watched him rush off to the bedroom so I grabbed my bag and headed over to the washing machine. I tossed my clothes into it and turned it on. I stuck the bag back in the closet.

I stepped into the bedroom and searched for my clothes. "Are you going to take a shower?" Gavin asked. I nodded, still picking out clothes, "I smell like a hospital." I turned around to see Gavin crinkle his nose. I smirked and placed a kiss on his nose. I realized I was still holding the bag with my medicine in it, "Ah shit. I should probably take one of these." "What is it?" Gavin poked at the bag. "Anxiety meds," I answered. He nodded and sat down on the bed. "I'm gonna get in the shower. Can you put these on the kitchen counter for me?" I handed the bag to Gavin. He nodded and got up, "Don't have too much fun in there." He winked at me. I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door. I started up the water and stripped down. I stepped in and stood under the water for a moment. My cheek stung as the water hit it, making me wince. I must have forgotten about the bruise there. I guess Gavin didn't notice it either. I grabbed the shampoo and started to massage it into my hair. It felt nice to be cleaned with my own soap.

I felt so much better by the time I got out of the shower. I stared at myself in the mirror as I got dried off. I literally could see my ribs. My stomach growled, but I shrugged it off. I put on my clothes, as well as my glasses, and walked towards the kitchen. I could smell food and my stomach growled again. I snuck up behind Gavin and tapped his shoulder. He jumped and dropped the spoon he was holding. I started laughing. Gavin frowned at me as he got a new spoon. "I bet you missed me around here." He nodded as he stirred the pasta. "So what are you making?" I snuck my arms around his waist, grateful for his presence. I took a peak at the things on the stove as well. I saw noodles boiling. "Mum taught me how to make some weirdly named pasta I ate when I was little. I thought you might like a home cooked meal since you probably haven't eaten during the whole stay," Gavin turned his head a bit so he could press a kiss to my cheek. "What if I did eat? Hmm? Ever thought about that?" I poked his side. Gavin put the spoon down and lifted my shirt. I frowned at him as he poked my stomach with cold fingers. "Where's the food, Mikey?" Gavin chuckled. I stuck my tongue out at him, "I think your chicken is burning." Gavin's eyes went wide and he scampered to check the chicken, which was not burning. "You arse!" He shouted and swatted at me. I just chuckled at him.