Ill

It's been a couple days since Valentine's. Gavin explained that he's just leased the Bentley until Lindsay has the baby. Then we have to exchange it for a van or something. I almost broke out laughing at the thought of us owning a van. I just woke up bundled in every single blanket we have on our bed with Gavin sitting up glaring at me. My head felt congested and my nose was runny. "Morning," Gavin huffed as he tugged the blankets back. "I think I might be sick," I frowned at him. "Aww baby. C'mere. Let me check your temperature," Gavin motioned with his hands. I rolled over so I was closer to him and pulled the blankets over my shoulders. Gavin pressed the back of his hand on my forehead. His hand was so cold that it made me shiver. He pulled away his hand and ruffled my hair, "You have a bit of a fever, love." I groaned and rolled over on my side. "Do you want me to stay home and take care of you?" He asked me. I shook my head, "I'm an adult. I can take care of myself." "It's kind of hard to take care of yourself when you've got the flu," Gavin chuckled, "I'll text Geoff to come get me." He then got up to get ready for work.

"Gavvvviiiinnn! Bring me some Gatorade or something please," I called out for him. Gavin came back in the room with a small trash can, a cup filled with ginger ale, and my computer tucked in his arms. "Jesus Christ Gav," I pushed myself to lean against the headboard. He put my computer on the bed next to me, sat the trash can in the floor next to me, and sat the cup on the night stand. "I got you everything you might need for the time being. The Xbox is already set up in case you want to go play that. There's a trash can in the living room as well so you don't have to run to the bathroom. There's more ginger ale in the fridge and crackers on the kitchen counter," Gavin sat down on the edge of the bed. "You thought of everything," I sniffled. Gavin nodded and leaned over to me. He pressed his lips against my forehead, "Geoff's here so I have to leave. Call me if you need anything." I nodded and shooed him off. "Love you Mikey," he called after me. "Love you too," I shouted back as I heard the front door close.

I pushed myself back under the covers and decided on getting more sleep. My stomach started doing twists and I groaned. I rolled over on my side and clutched my stomach. "Fuck you flu," I growled out loud. I always hated being sick. I rolled onto my back and pushed myself up so I was resting my back against the headboard. Just that little movement made me nauseous. I reached for the trash can next to the bed and held it to my chest. I felt disgusting as I threw up last night's dinner and some of the ginger ale I took a sip of. Though, I did feel less pressure on my stomach. I sat the trash can back on the floor and made a mental note to exchange the bag in it later. I pushed myself out of the bed and into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth really quickly and cleaned my face. I put my glasses on and walked back into the bedroom. My phone was buzzing so I picked it up. I got a few texts from Gavin telling me to feel better and that he misses me. I sent him back a text saying I missed him too before wrapping myself in the warm blankets once again. I bet I got sick from being in that damn hospital.

I ended up nibbling on some of those crackers Gavin left out, but threw those up as well. I don't understand how a body can push out the virus if you can't keep any goddamn food in for energy. I crawled onto the couch after tossing out the bag of vile in the bedroom. I kept the blanket from off the bed wrapped around my shoulders as I turned on the TV. I checked the time on my phone, six in the afternoon. Gavin should be home soon. I shot him a text telling him he needed to take out the trash when he got home. Then my phone buzzed and I checked it. There was a red circle with a white explanation mark next to the text. "Not delivered, my ass," I rolled my eyes as I tried sending them text again. It still didn't go through. "Okay what the fuck," I searched through my contacts and typed up a text for Geoff. I didn't send it because I realized he might be driving and I don't want them to crash. My phone started ringing and I frantically pressed the answer button.

"Geoff," I answered. "Actually it's your husband," I heard Gavin sass back. "Why the hell are you using Geoff's phone and why aren't my texts going through to yours?" I snapped. "Woah, woah. Calm down. My phone died," Gavin explained. I breathed out, "You scared the shit out of me." I heard him chuckle. "Geoff's driving me home right now. How are you feeling?" He asked. "Uh let's. Threw up about twice and the only effort I made to get out of bed was to come to the couch," I replied. "Awww my poor baby," Gavin cooed. I heard Geoff scoff on the other end. "Oh hush up you big sap. I've heard you talk like that to Griffon before," Gavin said to him. I held the phone away from my face as I started coughing. When I brought it back to my face, Gavin was saying how he'll see me soon before hanging up. I curled back up on the couch and sat my phone on the coffee table. I felt my eyes close. I woke up to Gavin putting his cold hand against my forehead. "Did I wake you?" He asked me as he sat down on the coffee table. "It's fine," I said and sat up. "Your fever's gone down. Are you feeling any better?" Gavin placed his hands in his lap. "Slightly, yeah," I nodded. I wasn't feeling nauseous anymore, just weak and tired. "How about we get some sleep, yeah?" He stood up. I nodded. Gavin scooped me up and carried me to the bedroom. We both ended up falling asleep almost immediately.