Thankful For You

It's Thanksgiving and Gavin had invited all of our parents. He had pressed himself to cooking everything, only with some help from my mother who came a little early. I had Gavin lift me up on the counter so I could watch. "So Michael, you never told me what happened to your leg," my mom said, checking on the turkey in the oven, "Gavin check on the stuffing, would you dear?" Gavin nodded and checked on the stuffing as Denise asked. "When we got in that plane crash, I got metal stuck in my thigh. Then all the moving around I did caused the bone to fracture," I explained. She placed a hand on my arm and gave me that comforting 'mom' look, "I'm sorry sweetheart. When do you get it off?" I peeked at the calendar Gavin had stuck to the fridge, "Three weeks." Denise nodded, "That's not too bad. Shouldn't you be trying to walk on your leg now, with the cast on? Or are you afraid?" A smirk formed on her face. "My very hard cast is dangerously close to you right now asshole. It would be a shame if I were to move it slightly to the-" I hit her with my cast right in the arm "- left." She frowned and lightly punched me in the arm before returning to cook. "Well, Gavin. You've done a mighty fine job here. Go take a break," my mom smiled at Gavin. "Why thank you Denise," Gavin smiled back.

He came up to me and I scooted more towards the edge of the counter. "Hey babe look, I'm taller than you," I joked. Gavin smirked, "You're such a child." I gasped, "I'm a child?" He rolled his eyes and placed his hands on my waist. I rested my arms on his shoulders. We rested our foreheads together. My mom had snuck out of the kitchen, probably to go watch a show or something. Gavin leaned up and pressed his lips against mine. I would never get tired of kissing Gavin. There was a knock on the door and we pulled away. "I'll get it," Gavin said loud enough for Denise to hear. He let my hands fall off his shoulder as he walked towards the door and opened it. I had to lean back on the counter to see the door. "Dad, mum!" Gavin's smile was bright. He stepped out of the way so his parents could come in. "Where's M- Oh there he is. Hello Michael!" Gavin's mom waved to me. I waved back, "Happy Thanksgiving Mr. and Mrs. Free!" Gavin closed the door behind his parents and took their coats. I carefully got myself off the counter and stood on both of my legs for a second. I grabbed my crutches from where the were leaning on the counter and positioned them under my arms.

I made my way to the door to properly greet Gavin's parents, "It's nice to see you guys again." "You too, Michael," his father smiled at me. My mother came up behind me. Gavin and I snuck away while our parents started to talk. "I want to try walking without the crutches," I told Gavin. "Don't stress yourself babe," Gavin said, putting an arm on my shoulder. "We have some time to kill before the food will be ready," I shrugged. "Alright, but I'm not letting you go," Gavin sighed. My mom came over to us, "We're going to watch the game. Do you two want to join?" We shook our heads at the same time. "Maybe in a minute," I said. She smiled, "Alright." I smiled back as she went into the living room. Gavin held onto my waist as I leaned my crutches on the wall. He moved his hands to my arms so I could walk. It surprisingly wasn't too hard. My leg kept shaking, but I was able to walk all the way across the house and back with Gavin's support. We heard clapping and turned to the living room to see our parents clapping for me. My mom smiled, "I knew you could do it." I smiled back and grabbed my crutches again. Gavin placed a hand on my back and rubbed it. He planted a kiss on the top of my head.

Gavin started to set the table. I helped out as much as I could. "Dinner's ready," Gavin called out. Everyone started coming into the dining room. "Oh that smells absolutely divine," Gavin's mother smiled. We all sat down at the round dining room table we owned. Gavin's parents sat together, of course. My mother sat to the right of Gavin's mother. I sat to the right of my mother and Gavin sat next to me. We said a quick prayer, as my family always did when I was little, and dug in. We all told stories about each other or ourselves. It was a really nice Thanksgiving if you were to ask me. Our parents stuck around a little bit longer before going back to their hotels. We had offered out the guest rooms, but no one took up the offer. Gavin and I relaxed on the couch after we cleaned up. We were watching some movie that came on. We had our pajamas on after taking a quick shower. "We never said what we were thankful of," I blurted out. Gavin turned to me, "I'm thankful of my wonderful husband." I smirked, "Hey, you stole mine." Gavin chuckled. "C'mere you," I placed my hand on his cheek and pressed our lips together. Gavin moved one of his hands down to my thigh. I pulled away and eyed him. He just pecked my lips again before turning his gaze to the movie again. I smiled and shook my head before leaning my head on his shoulder.

[A/N: Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you liked this quick chapter. Eat as much as you want and be lazy with your family and friends. I'll see you guys in the next one!]