Be My Valentine

We arrived at work and I was immediately pulled into a crowd of people. "Michael! You're back!" "It's great to see you again man!" I thanked everyone, hugged who I could, and let Gavin pull me into the office. I guess the guys weren't expecting me to be back today. Geoff, Jack, and Ryan were too invested in their computers to notice us walk in. Jeremy had one headphone off, but he probably didn't notice either. Gavin sat down at his desk and I sat down at mine. It felt weird to be back, but in a good way. "Hey Gavin, hey Michael," Jeremy said on instinct. He immediately did a double take and pulled off his headphones, "Michael!" I waved at him, "Yeah I'm back." Then suddenly the entire room was interested in me. Headphones were taken off and the gents rose to their feet. "Michael's back!" Geoff exclaimed. "Nice to see you Michael," Jack greeted. "You came back early," Ryan said. "Uh yeah. I just got home yesterday," I said to Ryan. He sat down content with my answer. Jack sat down as well.

Geoff came over and patted my shoulders, "Glad to see you back, kid." "Glad to be back, dad," I joked. "Wait... What's that?" He asked, hovering his finger over the bruise on my cheek. I looked at his like his question was the dumbest in the world. "It's a fucking cat tattoo," I rolled my eyes, "It's a bruise. I don't really know what you want out of me." "I meant like what happened, asshole," Geoff rolled his eyes as well. "Micoo got in a lil tussle," Gavin giggled like a school girl. I elbowed him, "Did not." "Did you!" Gavin argued. "Look the guy was off his meds and punched me! It wasn't a 'tussle' or whatever the fuck you just said," I poked him. "Aw wittle Mikey's just upset he didn't win," Gavin teased. Geoff had gone back to his seat by now. "Fuck you, Gavin," I eyed him. He leaned over so no one else could hear, "Oh you do." Before he winked and sat up. "I married a child. Jeremy. Jeremy, I married a fucking two year-old," I leaned over to Jeremy. "You married a fucking two year-old, Michael," Jeremy said with a chuckle.

The rest of the day went about like that. Geoff and Griffon took Gavin and I out for a little celebratory dinner after work. The restaurant wasn't all too fancy, but it was nice. I drove Gavin and I home and we immediately showered and changed into pajamas. Gavin pulled me onto the couch and into his lap. "What do you have planned tomorrow hm?" I asked him. "You'll see," he chuckled. It was his 'I'm up to something crazy' chuckles. "Gavin," I glared at him. "Now it's not a nice romantic date if I spoil it for you, is it?" Gavin stuck his tongue out at me. "Fine, fine. You better not break shit then," I rested my back against his chest. He picked up the remote and scrolled through some movies on Netflix. Of course, he picked some cheap romance comedy for us to watch. I rolled my eyes at him and let him wrap his arms around my waist. The movie ended up being three hours long and we had both fallen asleep on the couch after it ended.

I woke up in the bed with Gavin nowhere in sight. I rolled my eyes and pushed myself out of bed. There was note on the dresser next to some folded clothes. I picked up the note and read it out loud, "'Put these on and meet me in the kitchen, love.' Jesus Christ." I put the note down and changed into the clothes, which were regular everyday clothes. I made sure I looked alright in the mirror before going into the kitchen. Gavin was making breakfast for us and started putting it on plates. "Fucking heart-shaped eggs and bacon," I smirked and rolled my eyes. Gavin leaned over and I gave him a kiss. "Happy Valentine's Day," he greeted. "You too babe," I leaned against the counter and watched him. He handed me my plate and we ate standing up. "Let's go to work shall we?" Gavin linked arms with me as he handed me the keys, my phone, and my wallet. I shrugged and followed him out of the house. When I was driving, I noticed him typing away excessively on his phone. "Who are you talking to?" I asked him. "You'll see," Gavin chuckled that same damn chuckle again. I just shook my head, "When did you become such a romantic? Did I miss something while I was gone?" Gavin just lightly elbowed me, "You deserve a nice day."

We got to work and waved at everyone standing around. Then we reached the Achievement Hunter office and I could not stop laughing. The room was decorated in hearts. I honestly had to turn around and take a deep breath before I looked at Gavin. "What are you doing you fucking idiot?" I said while giggling. Gavin just smirked and slipped his hand in my back pocket. Jeremy was sitting at his desk recording. "Aren't you going to open the gift on your desk?" Gavin was giggling now too. I walked over to my desk and lifted up the box. I pulled off the top to reveal a smaller one. "Oh you fucking asshole," I glared at him. He motioned for me to continue. I opened the smaller box to reveal an even smaller box. I glared at him again before opening it. There was another box inside that one. I let out a sigh, not letting the smirk wipe off my face. I opened that box to reveal a note. "Gavin, oh my fucking Christ," I said while I opened up the note. "Read it out loud," Jeremy said. "It literally just says 'Turn around'," I blurted.

I sat the note on my desk and turned around to Gavin. He was holding up a car key. I walked up to him as he handed it to me, "You did not." Gavin nodded, "I did too." "A new fucking car! I can't believe you," I stared between him and the key. The other Achievement Hunters clapped their hands. Gavin grabbed my hand and started to pull me outside. Jeremy followed with the camera and everyone else followed too. Gavin took me out into the parking lot and brought me over to a silver, four-door Bentley. I clicked the key to unlock the car and opened the door. "Gavin you fucking beautiful bastard," I smirked at him. "How's that for a great start to the day," Gavin walked over to me. I pulled him in for a kiss and heard Jeremy turn the camera around and talk to it. "Well that's enough Mavin for you guys. Happy Valentine's Day from the Achievement Hunters!" I pulled away from Gavin and let my arms linger on his shoulders, "I cannot believe you bought a fucking car for me." "The best for my best," Gavin chuckled. "You cheesy motherfucker," I shook my head. "I love you," Gavin added, planting a kiss to my forehead. "I love you too," I replied.