The Folder of Destiny

Gavin and I used our free time at the office to start planning for the wedding. He seemed to have so much more knowledge of weddings than I did. We decided to take our lunch break now while we were planning. "Alright, so we're going to need the cards that tell people to save the date, the RSVP cards, the actual ceremony programs, and the thank you cards, but we can worry about those later on," Gavin started scribbling stuff down on a paper. "Let's do a simple design," I leaned back in my chair and sipped my drink. "Griffon gave me these templates if you wanna look at them," Gavin slid a couple of papers towards me. I flipped through them, I stopped on one that had a pretty simplistic design, white with blue designs, "How about this one?" Gavin pulled the picture over to him and nodded, "Yeah, I like it!" "Sweet, so you'll call the wedding planner and ask her to get us prints of it?" "We have to make a list of who we're inviting first!" "Umm. Well obviously your family, and mine too. And the guys here," I looked up at the celling, coming up with names. Gavin was scribbling away at the paper, "Alright, I think I got all of them." "Everyone?! In two fucking seconds?!" I shoot a look at Gavin who just nodded. "I've never seen you write that fast," I chuckled. Gavin smirked and slid the paper at me so I could review it.

After we got the guest list finished, we started back to the office. "Did you really have to carry that dumb folder around?" I nudged Gavin's arm. "It's the Folder of Destiny! Of course I do," Gavin stuck his tongue out at me. "I can't believe I'm marrying you," I smacked my palm against my forehead. "Oh come on! You'd be lost in stress if I didn't have this," Gavin slipped his right hand in my left one. "Yeah I guess so," I typed in the pin to the office with my right hand and Gavin dragged me to our desks. "Hey guys, salmon and chicken?" Gavin directed towards everyone in the room. "For w-For the wedding?" Ryan asked. "Yep," Gavin sat the folder down on the free space of his desk. "Sounds good," everyone managed to say at the same time. "Wait, wait. Did you guys know you need four different types of fucking cards?" I pushed back my chair so I could prop my feet up on my desk. I heard Geoff chuckle. "Of course we did, Michael. You two are the only ones in this room not married yet," Jack chuckled too. "Oh damn, I totally forgot about that," I smacked my forehead again. Gavin's phone went off. "Oh it's Cheryl. I'll be right back," he noted before walking out of the room. "Wait who's- oh," I muttered. "Who's Cheryl?" Jeremy asked. "The wedding planner," I shrugged. He nodded and went back to his game

Gavin and I headed home a couple hours later. He went to print out all the invitations while I wrote the addresses on the envelopes. I had to text people asking about their addresses because I couldn't remember that many people. Gavin came over with an arms full of papers. I scooted over so he could sit down. He handed me half the stack of the invitations while I handed him half the stack of the envelopes. "So we've got to print out the RSVP cards once we finished these right?" I asked, slipping an invitation into an envelope. Gavin nodded, "I already printed one out if you want to do the rest. I can finished up this." He handed me the card and I went over to our printer. I printed out as many as we needed and brought them back over to the couch. I handed half to Gavin and we started to slip them into the envelopes as well. After we got all the cards in all the envelopes, we sealed them and got ready to mail them. "It runs early tomorrow so I'll got put them in." Gavin scooped up all the envelopes and took them out to the mailbox. I leaned back on the couch and stretched.

Gavin came back in, locking the front door behind him. I laid down, taking up the whole couch. Gavin frowned, "Now where am I going to sit?" I shrugged and chuckled. Gavin sat down on my stomach, receiving a groan from me. I smacked his back lightly which only made him move more. "Get off me you lug!" I squirmed under him. "Why did we buy this rude, uncomfortable couch again?" Gavin chuckled before finally getting off me. I opened my mouth to speak, but yawned instead. "How about we go to bed?" Gavin asked. I nodded and followed him to the bedroom. We didn't even bother to clean up the mess on the coffee table or put on pajamas. We just stripped down to our boxers and cuddled up, falling asleep next to each other. When I woke up though, Gavin wasn't next to me. I got changed and walked into the kitchen to grab breakfast. I found Gavin sitting on the couch, talking on the phone. I walked over and pecked him on the lips. "Morning love. Wh- No dad, I was talking to Michael. -- Yes he just woke up. What?-- You really want to? -- Okay hang on," Gavin removed the phone from his ear, "My dad wants to talk to you."

I shrugged and took the phone, "Hello, Mr. Free." "Good morning, Michael," he greeted. I walked into the kitchen to get some orange juice, "So uh- Was there something specific you wanted to talk to me about?" I heard him clear his throat, "I just wanted to say how grateful I am that you're marrying my son. I know it's not really what we thought, him being gay and all, but I think you two are a wonderful match." I took a sip of my orange juice before he finished talking, "Thank you sir. I'm extremely happy to be marrying Gavin. He's the love of my life." I heard Gavin chuckle as he came up, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. "So have you started planning the wedding?" His dad asked, trying to keep the conversation going. "Yes, sir. We sent out the invitations and RSVP cards this morning," I almost chocked on my orange juice when Gavin kissed my neck. Gavin took the phone from me and I mouthed a 'thank you'. "Well dad, we gotta go to work now. -- Love you. -- Yep, we'll see you soon. -- Bye," He hung up the phone and stuffed it in his pocket. "He sure can talk," Gavin chuckled. I nodded, "I feel like I'm being interrogated for fucking murder or something."

Gavin and I got to work about an hour later and saw everyone crowed around something outside. "Oh hey! Look it's the Jones'!" Shouted Jeremy. "Not married yet, bud," I shouted back. "Come here, there's a dog!" Steffie ran over to us and started to move us towards the crowd. "Oh a puppy! How cute," Gavin chirped and rushed over to pet the dog. It was an orangey color and kept wagging it's tail. I walked over next to Gavin and rubbed the dog's head, "What's it's name?" "Winston," Miles spoke up. "Aw how cute!" Gavin smiled. I nudged Gavin's elbow, "I've got to go set up for Off Topic." Gavin leaned over and pecked my lips, "Have fun." "Not likely." I stood up and starting walking towards the set. I got confronted by Matt who looked fidgety, "Hey Michael, I can't make it on the set today." "Oh how come?" "Meetings," he let his shoulders drop. "Oh okay. That's fine dude. I'll just ask Geoff or something," I smiled as Matt started walking away. I texted Geoff to ask if he wanted to be on the show in ten minutes. Yes, I was late to my own show. I went and sat down in my regular seat, getting myself a beer. I got a text back by Geoff saying that he could, but to give him a minute or two because of traffic.

My two other guests, Jack and Ryan made their ways to their seats, Ryan sitting across from me and Jack sitting to the right of Ryan. "You guys want one?" I held up my cup. "Yeah sure," Jack smiled. Ryan just held up his can of diet soda, "I'm good." I rolled my eyes before pouring Jack a cup of beer. He thanked me as I sat down. I checked my watch and realized we were supposed to start filming in ten seconds. We started filming, Geoff getting there a minute late, and talked about whatever until the end of it. I had to head back to the office almost immediately after it ended, slightly intoxicated because Geoff dared me to chug down five beers in a minute for entertainment. I sat down in my desk chair and started up all my recording stuff. We were doing a live stream in five minutes. "Gosh Micoo, you smell like beer," Gavin fake gagged. "Blame the idiot Geoff. He dared me to down five in a minute," I groaned. Gavin chuckled, "Did you do it?" I nodded and held up fifty bucks, "Winner, winner chicken dinner, baby." Gavin smirked. "Hey kids, we got a game to stream," Ryan interrupted. "Alright, alright. We've got it loaded!" Gavin squawked. "Tell us when Rye," I shouted to get his attention. "Oh now, let's go now," Ryan shouted back. Gavin and I hit the button and we began streaming. We were doing Dead By Daylight again.