Work Day

I pulled out the blade and sat it on the counter. Gavin's expression immediately got sad. He threw it away and brought me into the bedroom. I sat on the bed and watched what he was doing. Gavin searched through our closet and pulled out an old shoebox. He pulled a rubber band from the box and handed it to me before putting the box back. I stared at the rubber band for a minute, "What do you want me to do with this?" "Anytime you want to harm yourself, just flick that against your arm or something," Gavin shrugged and sat down beside me on the bed. I pulled it over my hand and leaned against Gavin, "I must be one hell of a disappointment for you." Gavin snaked an arm around my waist and leaned his head on mine, "Just because your coping is a little bit messy, doesn't mean you disappoint me." I huffed at him. Gavin pushed me slightly and his voice got squeaky, "I'm not lying!" I sat up and looked up at him. Gavin pressed his finger into my side, "You're an idiot, y'know. I put up with you teasing me all the time because I saw so much in you." "I only teased you because I had a crush on you," I pouted. "Aww a lil school girl crush," Gavin chuckled.

I pushed my shoulder into his, "Says the guy who literally fell for me." Gavin squawked, "I tripped over a rock!" I let out giggle and smiled. Gavin smiled too, "There's my Micoo!" I rolled my eyes, but couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Gavin ruffled my hair and pulled me into a side hug. I leaned into him and let out a sigh, "Damn you for making me all sappy." Gavin chuckled, "You love it." I smirked, "I do." We sat like that for a couple of minutes until I sat up. I turned to Gavin, "Wait, when's the flight?" Gavin thought for a minute, "Uh... Let me check." He pulled out his phone and searched for our flight. Then he showed his phone to me. "So in two days," I looked up at Gavin. He nodded, "Two days, yeah." "Gives us a day to go back to work and film shit," I added. Gavin fell back onto the bed and sighed. "What?" I asked, turning around to look at him. "I don't know. I was all 'Oi let's go on a plane and get over what happened,' but now I'm scared," he tossed his arms up. I fell back next to him, "I'm scared too."

We must've fallen asleep because I woke up the next morning with the sun in my eyes. Gavin was lightly snoring next to me. I sat up and stretched. I reached over and checked the time on the phone, ten in the morning. "Shit," I breathed out and turned to Gavin. I shook him awake, but he just groaned and turned over. "Gavin come on we have to get to work," I pushed him some more. He tried to roll over, but fell off the bed. I broke out in laughter as he peaked his head up and gave me a dirty look. He stood up and pushed me before going to get ready. I tugged on some clean clothes and crowded Gavin in the bathroom to brush my teeth. We started to put on our shoes. "Breakfast?" Gavin questioned. I grabbed the keys and my wallet and completely forgot about the wraps on my arms, "We'll get some on the way." Gavin snatched a jacket from the back of the couch and pulled me outside. I locked the front door and got into the car with Gavin. "Where do you want to eat from?" I asked, pulling out of the driveway. "You pick," Gavin yawned out. I drove up to McDonald's and ordered us some breakfast foods and some coffee.

We ate on the way to work and brought our coffee into the office. "Hey dickheads, you're late today," Geoff oh-so nicely greeted us. "Kiss my ass," I said back and fell back into my chair. "Hey Geoff. We're taking a week off after today," Gavin blurted out and sat down. "What? Seriously? Weren't you two just on break?" Ryan sounded confused. "We gotta go visit his family," I pointed towards Gavin. "So you're going to get on a plane," Jeremy pointed out. I nodded. "Are you even ready for that?" Geoff asked us. I looked at Gavin, who looked at me. We both just shrugged. We kept some light conversation going as we drank our coffee "Alright. Who's ready to film?" Geoff blurted out. We ended up filming a 'VR the Champions,' a couple of 'Let's Plays,' a 'Things To Do,' and a 'Versus.' We filmed a lot so Gavin and I would still be in some content as we were gone. "Michael, you never told us what happened to your arms," Mica exclaimed. I froze, "Uh well-" "He was helping me cook and spilled the boiling water all over his arms like a complete idiot," Gavin interrupted with a laugh to make it more believable.

"Wow, really? Did you guys go to the hospital?" Jeremy asked. Gavin nodded, "That's why we were late. He just got released." Everyone seemed to believe that answer so I just went with it. Gavin tugged off his jacket and handed it to me. I pulled it on and leaned back. Gavin pecked my cheek and stood up. "Well, we should get going. Got a couple of suitcases to pack," Gavin announced and grabbed my arm. He pulled me to my feet and we said our goodbyes before going out to the car. When we got into the car, I started it up. "I could tell you were uncomfortable," Gavin said. "Yeah, thanks," I flashed him a smile. "Why don't we order pizza after we get home?" Gavin ruffled his hair. I nodded and pulled the car into the driveway. We got out and walked into the house. "You call and I'll pack," I ordered Gavin as I walked into the bedroom to get our suitcases. I started to pull out clothes and shove them into two separate suitcases. Gavin came in and helped until we had everything that we needed packed. There was a knock at the door and Gavin went to answer it. He paid the delivery guy and brought the pizza boxes in. We ate on the couch and turned on a movie.

[A/N: Little filler chapter before I bring in the plane. Sorry for being dull in writing, I've had a busy winter break. I go back on the ninth though, so I probably won't update that much!]