I See A Sea

"We're never getting home. We're going to be stuck on this fucking island with a hundred dead people for the rest of our lives," I shouted, pounding my fist into the stand under me. "Bloody hell, Michael! Stop saying that," Gavin groaned from next to me. "You boys stop bickering, you're making my wound ache," Nick sighed, sitting up and leaning on a tree. I pushed myself to my feet. "Where are you going?" Callie asked, sounding terrified. "On a walk," I sassed. I turned around and started limping away. "Michael come back," Gavin whined. I ignored him and kept walking. We had been on this damn island for over two months, not like I was counting anyways. I stared out to the endless ocean and stopped walking. I saw something out in the water, but hell if I could tell what it was. My glasses got demolished in the crash, along with my phone, and everything else really. Gavin rushed over to my side, "I'm sorry I snippy at you, love. I didn't mean it I-" "Shhh," I put my finger up to his lips harshly. He pouted at me, "Don't shush me in the middle of an a-" "Gavin shut up and look," I sternly pointed out towards the fuzzy black thing far out in the water. "Michael! That's a boat! Come on let's get the others," Gavin's eyes went wide.

Gavin made me get on his back and piggybacked me to the other two. "Guys! We saw a ship!" He shouted like a little kid. I swear I've never seen two injured people jump to their feet faster than Callie and Nick just did. "Callie go get the stick," Nick ordered. She nodded and grabbed the stick we deemed as the 'signal stick' as Nick lit the end on fire. He grabbed it from her and waved it as high as he could. I heard the horn of the boat go off and I cheered, tossing my fist in the air. "Over here!" Callie shouted. The boat took a turn and looked like it was heading for us. I took this time to look at everyone. Nick had dirt all over himself, his wound slightly healing, but a couple of bruises and scratches forming. Callie's pretty hair was messy and tangled. She had dirt smudged on her round face and a cut right below her eye, a giant gash on her lower left leg. Gavin had that deep cut on his left arm and a small scratch across his forehead. He also had dirt all over him and in his already messy hair. My leg was going numb from the pressure I had on it and it was probably infected. I had a gash on my arm from trying to get a coconut ass a tree and dirt smudges on my face. There was bruises forming all down my right arm as well.

The ship made it's way to us, anchoring where it could. We rushed out into the water as crew members tossed down a ladder for us to climb up. We sent Callie first, then me, then Nick, and lastly Gavin. "What the hell where you guys doing out here?" The captain asked. "Plane crash, we were the only ones to survive," Nick explained. A crew member, a woman with jet black hair, came over to us with blankets and food. "Thank you so much," we all almost said in unison. "How long were you there?" The crew member asked. "Two months," I answered, wrapping the blanket around my shoulders. "That must've been utter hell," the woman said, "My name is Casey Johnson and this is our Captain, Johnny Daren." The four of us shook hands with both of them. "Thank you so much for saving us. Who knows how long it would've been until we could reach home again," Gavin smiled at the two. "Anything to help. Where you four going?" "Austin," I answer for Gavin and I. "San Fransisco," Callie added for her and her brother. "Oh wow, how's you get stuck on that sucker?" Captain Daren asked us, steering the ship to the right. Nick spoke up, "We went on a family trip to Bora Bora." Callie nodded sadly. "Where's the-" Casey stopped mid-sentence realizing the answer to her question, "Sorry for your loss." She turned to us with a more hopeful look. "Honeymoon in Bora Bora," Gavin answered. "Oh, congratulations then!" She smiled. Everyone clapped for us. "Thanks," I smiled slightly. "Hey so we got a guy who can check out those wounds of yours," Casey motioned for us to follow. I leaned on Gavin while we walked.

We went down to the lower level into a brightly lit room with two beds covered in white sheets. "Hey Doc. Here are the strangers for ya to check up," Casey pointed her thumb towards us. The doctor stood up, wearing a uniform slightly like Casey's, and pushed up his glasses. "Who's got the worst injury?" He asked, glancing at all of us. Casey left the room after her Walkie-Talkie went off. Everyone pushed me towards the bed closet to Doc then put Nick in the bed next to me. "Looks like yer leg needs to be amputated," Doc said with the most serious tone. "WHAT," I shouted, Gavin coming over and squeezing my hand. Doc started laughing, "I'm just pulling yer leg son. I can just stitch it up all you'll be fine." I let out a sigh of relief. "That is not a funny joke Doc," Gavin let go of my hand and crossed his arms. "Well we gotta have some sort of fun out here," Doc smirked at Gavin and I. He stitched up my leg and gave me a cane, a fucking cane, to walk with so the stitches wouldn't pop. Then he stitched up Nick and cleaned Gavin and Callie's cuts. Then he sent us off with Casey again to somewhere where we could lay down.