Save the Date

I went to work the next day and found myself making my way to Matt's office. He asked me to sit down and if I would like to receive a raise. I denied at first to be polite, but he insisted and sent me back to work. So now I was back at the desk playing a video game with the people I grew so used to. Yet it didn't feel right. I guess that's just what happens. "You going to therapy tomorrow, right?" Gavin asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I groaned, "Do I really have to go?" Gavin shrugged, "Only at least once. That doctors prescribed it, you know." "I'll go tomorrow, but that's it. They don't do shit to help you, just write about you and give you pills," I snapped. "You've been before?" Gavin questioned, pity in his eyes. "A few times in high school," I explained. Gavin didn't say anything after that and went back to playing his game. The rest of the day was mildly boring. We filmed some videos that probably wouldn't go out for a week. Geoff brought up something while we were filming which led to Gavin betting I couldn't tackle Jeremy to the ground within five minutes.

"A hundred bucks." He said, slapping a hundred dollar bill on my desk. "You can keep it if you win." I was surprised that he actually bet money this time so of course I had to do it. I looked over at Jeremy who just chuckled. He was all buff still and I looked like a fucking stick from being in the hospital, but I had a plan. "So I'm just gonna stand here," Jeremy smirked, standing in front of me. "You might be ripped but I will fucking take you down, Lil J!" I shouted, getting on top of my desk. Yes, I was taller than him and could probably just push him, but the beanbag chair was behind him and this would be fun. Geoff took out his phone and started filming. "Don't hurt yourself," Gavin said. I shrugged at him and jumped off the desk and onto Jeremy. He fell back, surprised that I actually jumped on him. He fell back on the beanbag chair and I sat on him, my fist in the air. "Ha! Take that asshole," I chuckled at Jeremy as I got off him.

Jeremy couldn't get up because he was laughing so hard. I snatched Gavin's money off my desk and smirked at him. All the guys in the room couldn't stop laughing. Except Gavin, his mouth was wide open. "Don't be sad you lost the bet, babe. This money's going towards the wedding," I kissed his cheek and slipped it in my wallet. Jeremy finally got up, with the help of Jack, and patted me on the back, "I totally wasn't expecting you to jump off the fucking desk!" I chuckled, "That was the point." "I can't believe you actually did that! You didn't get hurt did you?" Gavin picked at my arms. "I'm fine! Jeremy was the one on the ground," I nodded towards Jeremy who gave us a thumbs up. I held my arms up and looked around the room, "Any others wanna be taken down by Mogar?" Ryan raised his hand, "Twenty bucks says you can't take me down." I held my hand and he shook it. Ryan kept himself in a protective position to not make it easy on me. I used my left foot to put all my weight right below Ryan's ankle and used my other leg to hit behind his knee, causing him to fall. "Take that asshole!" I chuckled and helped him up. He begrudgingly handed me the twenty dollar bill that I gratefully stuck in my wallet.

Gavin and I were driving home now. He was still in awe that I was able to take down Jeremy and Ryan. "How'd you know to kick like that?" He asked. I shrugged, "Had to defend myself, y'know. No one else was going to." "Wow. That was pretty hot though," Gavin chuckled. "I could teach you. You probably won't need to know anyways though," I pulled into our driveway and we both got out. I locked the car and Gavin snatched the keys from me to unlock the front door. "I have you to protect me," He cooed, shutting the door behind us. As I was walking into the living room, he managed to step on my foot three times. "Gavin, I dare you to do that one more time. I'll cut your fucking feet off," I snapped. He held up his hands in surrender and I sat down on the couch. Gavin, no joke, stepped on my toes trying to sit down next to me. I glared at him and his eyes went wide. He rushed off to the bedroom, slamming the door. I ran after him pushing the closed door open. He was sitting on the bed, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to! Don't cut off my feet!" I smirked and turned around, walking towards the door.

Gavin curiously followed me so I tackled him onto the bed. I started tickling him, laughing at his stupid laugh. "M-Micoo! StOp- Oh my god," Gavin laughed out. I leaned down and quickly pressed our lips together before hoping off the bed. "What are we doing for dinner?" I asked. Gavin shrugged, "Pizza?" "Can you order it? I wanna tidy up," I raised an eyebrow at Gavin. He nodded and went into the other room. I searched around for a spare box, finding one in the closet. I took it into the kitchen and sat it on the counter. Gavin was off the phone now and was questioning what I was doing. I cut a whole in the lid of the box and took out the one-hundred and twenty dollars I won today inside it. "Get me a sharpie," I nodded towards Gavin. He went off and came back with a black sharpie. I wrote 'Wedding Money' on the top of the box. Gavin smiled, "That's a good idea! Where'd you find it?" "My mind," I joked. Gavin stuck his tongue out at me, "Pizza should be here in twenty minutes." I nodded and jumped onto the couch. Gavin sat down beside me and went on his phone.

Gavin and I finished the whole pizza after it came. Then we took our showers and watched a movie. Gavin was sound asleep by the end of the movie, but I was still awake. I sighed and picked him up bridal style, carrying him to the bedroom. I covered him up before plugging our phones in and turning off the light. I snuggled up next to Gavin in the bed. He shifted and faced me. "We haven't planned the wedding yet." "We could tomorrow," I yawned. Gavin yawned too, "D you uh- Do you think we could not do it at a church? I just feel like that wouldn't be right." I nodded, "Yeah sure." "Wait, wait we need to reserve it now," Gavin sat up. "Gav come on, sleep. We can do it in the morning," I propped myself up on my elbow. Gavin grabbed his phone and started typing away, "What day do you want to do it?" "Shit, I don't know. Um- May fifteenth, right? That's what we said?" I blurted out. "Yeah, that was it!" Gavin smiled. He put his phone down and laid down again. "So did you actually reserve a place?" "Mhm. Poetry Springs. You mumbled about it when you were drunk once," Gavin cuddled into me. "That place is beautiful, isn't it?" I smiled. Gavin nodded, "I can't wait."