Peaches and Body Spray

Gavin and I had planned the wedding to be in a year so we could relax before getting into it. I was forced to stay home from work because I was feeling nauseous. Gavin actually refused to let me get out of bed just for water so he got it for me instead. He went off to work after that, Geoff picking him up since he still didn't have a license. I felt a bit better after he left so I moved to the couch to watch a show or something. I felt bad that Gavin had to worry about me all day, everyday. Ever since I almo- No that wasn't real. That was the stupid dream. Dammit, Michael. Get yourself together. It's been two months since you got out! I mentally fought myself. It was so frustrating when I kept confusing reality, it was starting to make me feel like I couldn't control myself which made me feel like I was getting worse at recovering. My phone buzzed and took me out of my thoughts. It was from Gavin, 'Make sure you eat something, love. Especially what you crave right now, that helps.' I texted him back an okay before going to make myself some soup. I went for homemade chicken noodle, since we literally had nothing else that sounded good. Of course, I had to made it because Gavin was too lazy to go to the store with me last week. I took out some chicken broth from one of the cabinets, which gratefully had the noddles, but not the chicken. I got some chicken out of the fridge and cut it up, accidentally slicing my finger pretty bad. "Damn okay. There goes that piece of chicken," I humored myself as I ripped off a paper towel and wrapped it around my finger after washing it off. I curled it up into my palm so the paper towel wouldn't fall off as I continued to make my food.

While the soup was cooking and I had discarded of the bloody chicken piece, I went into the bathroom to tend to my finger. I got out some anti-bacterial stuff and sat in on the kitchen sink, along with gauze and medical tape because we didn't have any fucking bandaids. I tossed the paper towel away and got a good look at my finger. The cut was clean across the side, right under my nail, but looked pretty deep. Maybe I should cut meat so aggressively.. I put the anti-bacterial stuff on it, wrapped it in gauze, then secured it with the medical tape before putting everything away and going back to my soup. I poured it all into one bowl and went back to the couch. I ate it all, mostly drinking the broth because I was starting to feel a sore throat coming on. I finished all the soup that I wanted and washed out the bowl before going back to the couch. I decided to check my emails since I haven't in a while. Most were unimportant emails like ones from websites I was registered on, but one caught my eye. I got an email this morning from Matt asking if I could come to his office while I was supposed to be at work. I emailed him back an apology that I didn't come in since I was sick and he could call me if it couldn't wait until tomorrow. I sat my phone on the coffee table and laid down, ending up falling asleep.

I woke up to a blanket laying on top of me and there was a familiar smell of my fiancé roaming around. I smiled, but it got cut off by me coughing. "You alright, love?" Gavin called from somewhere close in the house. I sat up at saw him in the kitchen drinking something, "Yeah. Did you get off early?" Gavin shook his head, "It's eight." My eyes widened, "Eight?! I went to sleep at fucking noon!" Gavin chuckled and sat his glass down before coming over to me. He sat down on my right and hugged me, "You needed your rest. You barely slept last night." I smiled at him, "Yeah I guess." "Oh, Matt caught up to me today, asking where you were," Gavin said. "You tell him?" I asked, moving myself so I could rest my head in his lap. "Yep. He wanted me to tell you that he's giving you a raise," Gavin smiled and tapped my nose. I snorted, "For what?" He shrugged, "Don't know. Hey what happened to your finger?" I lifted my left hand and looked at the bandaged finger, "I was cutting meat and chopped it." Gavin lifted it up and kissed it, "That'll make it better." "Thanks, mom," I chuckled. Gavin just smiled at me and ran his hands through my hair. We stayed like that for an hour before Gavin spoke up, "Do you feel doing anything? Like taking a bath?" "I could go for a bath." "I'll got set it up for you, okay?" "I can do it," I said, sitting up. "It's a romantic gesture, Jones. Let me do it," Gavin stood up first. I held my hands up in surrender as he hoped off to go fill up to bath.

He called me in a after it was all filled up and I started laughing. He had made it a bubble bath with the soap that he used. I didn't mind that he didn't use my soap because I loved the smell of his. It honestly was like a mixture of peaches and body spray. It doesn't sound pleasing, but it was. I went to kick Gavin out so I could get in, but he protested. "Let me get in the bath and then you can come back and tell me about your day," I gave in. Gavin smiled and stepped out. I tore off my clothes, got in the warm, bubbly water, and called Gavin back in. He sat down on the closed toilet lid and started to get all excited about his day. I didn't need to wash my hair or anything really so this bath was more one to help me feel better. "So let me get this straight. Geoff took ten shots and didn't die?" I chuckled. Gavin nodded before breaking out in laughter, "He tripped over a paper laying on the floor!" I started laughing too and knew I was feeling better. "Hey do you uh-Do you want to get in with me?" I half-whispered. Gavin shrugged, "Is it still warm?" I nodded and he started to take off his clothes. I loved seeing him naked, not in a weird way or anything. Just in a 'Wow he's extremely fit and beautiful' kind of way. Gavin stepped in the bath behind me so I moved forward.

Gavin started rubbing my back and humming. I think I like this Gavin more than the alternate Gavin. "Hey love?" He asked, wrapping his arms around me, right under my shoulders. "Yeah, Gav?" I raised my hands up so I could hold his as they rested against me. "I've been thinking about us getting married," he trailed off and I swear I stopped breathing for a second. "Oh god. You're not rethinking it are you?" I turned back to face him. He shook his head and looked stunned by my question, "Of course not! I would marry you time and time again. I was going to talk about last names." I let out a sigh of relief and leaned against him. "I wanted to keep my last name. You know, to keep the Free legacy," Gavin sighed out. "Oh," I muttered. Yeah, I was a little hurt by his statement. I wanted him to take my name so I could know he was mine. "But I decided against it. I think Gavin Jones sounds really sexy," Gavin half-whispered in my ear. I chuckled, "You know, it really is." Gavin kissed my neck, "We should get out before we turn into prunes." I nodded and pulled the drain and got out, wrapping a towel around my waist, tossing one to Gavin so he could do that same. I didn't bother putting on clothes, just my boxers, before actually collapsing onto the bed. Gavin was just in his boxers too when he came in and snuggled up next to me before we both fell asleep.