Lovely Morning Skit

Gavin decided to stay home with me today. We watched a couple of movies that came out during the past two weeks. Then Gavin told me a bunch of stories from work and gave me back my phone that we both forgot about. "Call your mum, okay? She was asking me about you," he flashed a smile at me and leaned on my shoulder. I dialed her number and held the phone to my ear. It rang a couple of times until her familiar voice answered, "Hello?" "Hey mom," I greeted her. "Michael! Oh you had me worried out of my mind. Where the hell have you been?" I could almost hear her frown when she finished talking. "It's a long ass story," I groaned. Gavin peeled off me and walked down the hall, probably to go to the bathroom. "I've got time," my mom said. "Well Gavin apparently clocked me into a mental hospital here for two weeks," I explained. "Did it help?" My mom asked me. "I've only been out for a couple hours. I don't fucking know," I chuckled. "Well it's good to hear from you, but I have to go before your brother gets a flat tire," she let out a sigh. "Talk to you later then," I said before hanging up.

Gavin comes back with a washcloth, an ice pack, and a bottle of Tylenol. "Does that bruise hurt?" He asked me as he sets everything on the coffee table. "A little, yeah. Is it that noticeable?" I looked up at him. He nodded, "I'll get you some water for the pills." I watched him walk into the kitchen. He grabbed a glass out of the cabinet as well as the water jug from the fridge. I turned back around and propped my feet up on the coffee table. Gavin came back and handed me the glass and dumped two pills into my hand. I chugged them down with a swig of the water. "I didn't notice it when you came it, but bloody hell Michael. How'd you manage this?" Gavin squawked. He grabbed the washcloth and ice pack and pressed it against my cheek. I didn't felt the cold seep through the cloth and onto my cheek. "Some of whacked up asshole fucking punched me while I was there," I explained. "Did you do something to deserve it?" Gavin held the ice pack to my cheek still. "I bumped into him, but I apologized," I looked at Gavin through the corner of my eye, "Do I look badass?" Gavin chuckled, "You look like you got punched." I exchanged his hand for mine to hold up the ice pack.

After fifteen minutes, Gavin took the ice pack from me and put it back on the coffee table. He pulled me into his lap and ruffled my hair. I let my arms rest loosely around his waist as I rested my head on his shoulder. Gavin rubbed my back, "The bed was cold without you." "At least you got to sleep on a comfortable one," I argued. Gavin rested his hands on my back, "Geoff gave you a raise. Said you've gone through 'hell and back and deserve something out of it'. I said you'd feel guilty and not want it, but he wouldn't shut his knobhole and kept insisting." "It's not right that I get better treatment just cause I've done bad shit to myself," I grumbled. Gavin continued rubbing my back, "He cares about you. He bawled his eyes out when you went into the hospital the first time. He cried more than me." I could barely keep my eyes open. Gavin moved one hand up to the back of my head, "Michael I love you, you mingy bastard." I tightened my grip on his waist, "I love you too Gavin."

When I woke up, I was out of my day clothes, in the bed. Gavin was snuggled up next to me. He holding me like I was was going to leave him. I reached over to grab my phone and checked the time. It was noon already. I managed to turn around in Gavin's grip, so I was facing him. I flicked his nose, "Wake up." Gavin groaned and opened his eyes, "I was already up. Why'd you have to flick me?" I shrugged, "I want to go to work today, but we're already late." "You want to go?" Gavin asked, pulling me back into his chest. "Gavvvvin. I want a normal day for once," I poked his chest. He pressed a kiss to my forehead and rolled out of bed. "Damn now I'm lonely," I frowned. I watched Gavin come around to my side of the bed and slip his arms under my armpits. "What the hell are you doing?" I questioned. Gavin just pulled me off the bed and let my feet bang against the carpet. "You bully. How fucking dare you. Let me go," I moved my arms trying to get free.

Gavin dragged me through the house while trying to not laugh. He failed at the no laughing thing which gave me a chance to wriggle free. I stood up and looked at him, "Why?" "I don't know. I just felt like it," Gavin put his hands on his hips as if he was proud of himself. I crossed my arms and glared at him. His pride melted and he squeaked. I smirked and jumped at him as he ran through the house and hid in the bedroom. I leaned against the door, "At least toss me out some damn clothes if you're gonna hide like a baby." I didn't even hear Gavin opening drawers. I sure felt it when he pulled the door open and I fell to the floor. Gavin was holding in a laugh as I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Without opening my eyes, I reached my hand up to retrieve the clothes from him. "You better not act this silly on our date tomorrow," Gavin chuckled. "Date? What do you mean date?" I asked, pushing myself to my feet. "Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, you dope! I thought I would make the plans this year," Gavin pressed a quick kiss to my cheek, "Now get dressed so we can leave."