Cover-Ups for Covered Tongues

My phone buzzed exactly at eleven thirty in the morning. It was Geoff saying that he was about to head out so I should get ready. I pushed myself out of bed, trying not to wake Gavin up. I pulled out some old blue jeans and my Majora's mask t-shirt and went into the bathroom to change. When I came out, Gavin was sitting up stretching, "Where are you going love?" "Geoff's gonna drop us off at work, babe. Go get ready okay?" I kissed his cheek and grabbed my phone. Gavin nodded and went to get changed. I texted Geoff about the change of plans. I put on socks along with my shoes and waited for Gavin to do the same. When we both were ready, we heard a car horn go off outside. "Must be Geoff," Gavin chuckled. I chuckled too before grabbing the house keys, and my wallet, and locking to door behind us. Gavin got in the backseat and I got in the front. Geoff starting heading towards work. "Hey Gav, hope you don't mind if I take your lover boy to help me pick something out for Griffon, do you?" Geoff covered for me. Gavin shook his head, "Not at all! Just don't get her a rock again." I raised an eyebrow at Geoff after Gavin said that. Geoff mouthed 'Long Story' to me and I nodded.

We dropped Gavin off at the door and Geoff started heading away again. My stomach growled and I turned to Geoff, "Mind if we get some breakfast first?" Geoff chuckled, "Sure. I didn't eat either." Geoff drove to a Waffle House, because he wanted waffles, and we got out. We ordered and ate quickly before splitting the bill and rushing to a jeweler's. There was one on the way back to work so we stopped at that one. I sketched out the design, very sloppily, while we were driving there. Geoff and I walked inside once we parked. I found a worker who wasn't busy and handed the paper to her. "Do you think I'd be able to get a gold ring engraved with this?" The lady inspected the design before nodded, "Can do sir! It'll be two-thousand for the ring and seven-hundred for the engraving." I smiled at her, "Thanks. Do you think I can get it done today? I'm kind of going to propose to my boyfriend tomorrow." She smiled wide, "Of course sir! If you wouldn't mind going over to the register with this-" She handed a little piece of paper after scribbling something on it, "To pay, I'll get started right away." I took the paper and thanked her before getting in the line with Geoff.

We used my finger as a sizing method because Gavin and I had about the same fingers. We paid and waited for her to get the engraving done. It took a couple of hours, but she called us over. She handed me a small black, velvet box in a bag, "Here you are! You can check it out, make sure it's perfect." I took the box out and opened it before taking the ring out as well. It was gold like I asked with exactly one emerald, one diamond, and one ruby on the front, big right in the center. On the inside it had the date 2/14/2012 on it. I smiled and put it back in the box, then put the box back in the bag, "Thank you. I just hope he says yes." "Oh of course he will. I don't know how a guy with a heart like yours couldn't get him," She smiled and waved us off. Geoff and I got back in the car and I held the box in my hand. "Gavin's on the Podcast today too so you won't have to worry about him seeing it," Geoff reassured me. I leaned back in the seat, "It wasn't this stressful the first time with him." "First time?" Geoff questioned. I groaned, "Fuck I- When I was out I dreamed about it, remember?" Geoff nodded slowly and started to pull into the office parking lot.

I left the back in Geoff's car, but took the box with the ring with me. I held it in my hand, but behind my back. I walked into the office with Geoff, who put in the code. We walked in and I was grateful that Gavin wasn't there. Jeremy wasn't there either so I was guessing he was on the Podcast too. "Hey guys," I greeted and sat in my desk chair. "Soo. Let's see that ring, Michael," Jack smirked, walking over to me. I handed him the box and the three gents who were there inspected it. "Aw it's so romantic!" Ryan said. Jack nodded and put it back it the box and handed it to me. I was holding it in front of me when I heard the door being opened. I flipped and almost dropped the box, ending up falling back onto my chair and knocking it over. Mica stood in the opened doorway laughing at me. I sighed in relief that it wasn't Gavin. "Thanks for that, Michael. I really needed a laugh today," she kept giggling after she closed the door. I didn't bother to get off the floor when she walked over to me. "What's that?" She pointed to the box. I lifted it up to her and she went to open it.

"I'm proposing to Gavin tomorrow," I coughed. She smiled as she examined the ring, "It's really pretty. He's going to love it." I smiled and she handed it back to me. "Aren't you going to get off the floor though?" She asked. "It's fan-fucking-tastic down here. I get a great view of everyone's ass," I joked and shrugged. She chuckled and sat down on the couch. We all went onto our computers or Xboxes and went to perfect whatever we wanted. Mica sat down at Jeremy's desk to play too. I sat back up and went to perfect the achievements on one of my games. We filmed a video later with the five of us before going back to doing nothing again. A half an hour later I decided to go mess with them on the Podcast. As I was walking over to the set, I got a text from Gavin that he wanted to go get some dinner with Geoff once it was over. I kept walking over there, but got stopped by Barbara, "Hey Michael." "Oh hey Barbara. Do you know when they're going to stop?" I nodded at the set and she shrugged. "Another half hour I guess," she answered. I held the box in front of me and sighed.

Barbara tapped me on the shoulder, "Don't tell me-" I nodded and she smiled wide, "Congrats!" "I haven't even done it yet," I chuckled. Barbara squealed, "Tell me the plans." "Well, I'm gonna pop the question at the end of Off Topic tomorrow. If you wanna be there, I might need a little help." She smiled, "Of course, Michael! What do I need to do?" "Watch over the ring with your life and get the guys to dim the light when I get you a thumbs up. I'll be walking into the other room to change into a suit and get the ring from you. Most of all, don't tell a fucking soul," I explained, growling a little at the end. She smiled again and nodded, pointing at the set. I walked over behind the camera after I stuffed the box in my back pocket. I waved at Gavin to get his attention and tapped my wrist. "We're almost done, love," he called. "Wait, Michael why don't you come over here and tell us about Jeremy's dick pic," Burnie laughed. I started smirking and came over, sitting between Gavin and Jeremy on the couch. I started to tell the story, laughing at Jeremy's embarrassment.

"Now, my boyfriend over here and I need to get going," I said, winking at Burnie. He nodded and ended the Podcast and Gavin and I walked off. Gavin slipped his hand into mine as we walked back to the office. "Hey Geoffrey. Do you want to go get dinner with us?" Gavin asked when we walked in. He shrugged and followed us out, "I gotta drive you home anyways." Gavin smiled as we got in the car. I sat in the front seat again and Gavin sat in the back. Geoff took us to a fast food restaurant and paid for us after I said I could. He gave me a look saying 'You bought an engagement ring, let me pay' so I backed off. We sat down and ate, talking about the Podcast and whatever else. I had to hand the ring to Geoff so Gavin wouldn't find it while we were eating. "So what'd you get Griffon?" Gavin asked Geoff. "A uh- I got her a necklace," he lied. "Oh, can I see it?" I coughed, trying to distract Gavin. "Oh, Micoo. Do you have a cold?" Gavin asked me, placing a hand on my back. "No, I'm good. I- I just choked for a second there," I covered for myself. Gavin smiled and chowed down on the rest of his burger.

[A/N: The title of this sounds like a Fall Out Boy song. Anyways, how'd you guys like this and the first chapter? Was it what you were hoping for??]