The Arrival

"You got my boxers right? And my gloves?" Gavin called from the bedroom. I was waiting to walk out of the front door to get in the cab. "You're stalling," I called back. Gavin appeared in the hallway with his bag rolling behind him. We locked the house after we stepped out and stuffed our luggage in the back of the cab. Gavin and I slid into the backseat and told the driver where to go. "Hey, hey. You're the boys on the news that survived that crash right?" The driver suddenly blurted out. "Uh yeah, that's us," Gavin answered. "Heard the governor was gonna give y'all some medals or something," the driver added. I glanced at Gavin and shrugged. "We didn't hear anything about that," I said. The driver just shrugged and kept driving. I took out my phone and checked out any notifications I missed. Gavin let out a yawn. "It's only seven, Gav," I rolled my eyes at him. The cab came to a stop and Gavin took out his wallet to pay the man. We both got out and took out our bags from the trunk and saw the cab off. I wrapped and arm around Gavin's waist and he did the same to me.

We winced at every sound of take off from a plane. We are so not ready to be flying. Gavin and I sat at the terminal talking about nothing just to keep our minds off the flight. The man at the desk called for boarding. Gavin and I walked on, placed our bags where they went and sat down. I was nervous as hell, but they seats on the plane took my mind off flying for a moment. They were basically beds with little dividers. Gavin's seat was to the left of mine. He was used to these seats, but I sure as hell wasn't. He took out his phone and snapped a picture of me. I instantly shot him a look as I got comfortable. Gavin just shrugged and sat down. Everyone seemed to be boarded onto the  plane, so we were told to prepare for take off. I clenched onto the arms of the chair so tight that my knuckles were turning white. I shut my eyes as the plane took off and I swear to god my heart was beating faster than it ever had before. Gavin put down the divider between us and held his hand out to me. I graciously took it and relaxed a little bit. He looked tense as well. I decided to sleep as Gavin was going to as well.

The regular turbulence started up, ripping Gavin and I from a deep sleep. I sat up and looked over at him. "How about some vodka?" He asked me with a bit of nervousness soaking his words. I nodded as he called over a flight attendant. She kindly gave us each a full cup of vodka, "First time flying?" "First time flying after a plane crash, yeah," I chuckled and took a sip of my drink. "You two were in a crash?" She asked, slightly concerned. Gavin nodded, "Coming home from our honeymoon and got stranded for months." She looked horrified, "That's terrible. Drinks are on me then." I flashed her a smile. "Thank you, doll," Gavin smiled at her as well. "Of course," she said before walking down the aisle. I held my fist out to Gavin and he hit it with his own fist. I took another drink and decided to try and go back to sleep, but my body was just not having it. Gavin showed me how to pull up the movies and we both turned one on and relaxed. I paid little attention to the movie really, but it was calming to focus my mind on that instead of the plane.

By the time we landed in London, it was dark outside. Gavin and I took our bags down and mad our way to the entrance. We called a cab to take us to Gavin's parents house, as they invited us to stay there. Gavin was the one to knock on the door, immediately greeted by his mother who hugged him and pulled him inside. I brought our luggage in and was pulled into a hug by Gavin's mother. "It's so great to see you both," his mother smiled at us. "It's so great to see you mum," Gavin gave her another hug, "Where's dad?" "Out visiting your grandmum for the week," she explained. I fidgeted with my jacket sleeves as they talked. "Oh, where are my manners. Why don't you two head up to Gavin's old room and get settled in? Take showers if you need to or help yourselves to the fridge. You must be jet lagged after all," his mother insisted. Gavin and I just took out bags upstairs and tossed them into the room. "I'm going to take a shower," I yawned out. "Let's take one together. Saves water for my mum's bill," Gavin suggested. "Yeah, but she's downstairs and it's-" Gavin interrupted me with a giggle, "A shower Micoo, not sex. Besides, she's married. She knows the deal." I rolled my eyes at him and made my way into the bathroom. Gavin locked the door behind us.

I started up the water and stripped off my clothes. Gavin took his off as well and followed me into the shower. I reached for the shampoo, but was taken back by Gavin's cold hands pressed against by back. I winced at his hands and looked to see what he was doing while I picked up the shampoo bottle. "It's just some body wash I brought along. The one you bought me a while back," Gavin chuckled at me. I rolled my eyes and poured some shampoo in my left hand. I sat the bottle back down and turned around to scrub it into Gavin's messy, wet hair. "It's been a while since we've done this," I said, digging my fingers in his scalp. "It really has," Gavin ducked under the water to wash the shampoo out of his hair while I pushed him out of the way to was the soap off my body. The water and soap were all stinging my cuts simultaneously and the old bandages were now soggy and gross. Gavin and I switched roles and he put shampoo in my hair and I scrubbed the body wash onto him. Once we were both clean, I turned off the water and Gavin handed me a towel.

We both got dried off and snuck back into Gavin's old room to get changed. Gavin saw the blood soaking through my bandages before I did, "Let's get something to patch that up again, shall we?" I looked down and shrugged. Gavin left the room and came back carrying a first aid kit. He ripped off my old bandages and applied medicine to the cuts before applying new ones. Then he planted a kiss on my forehead and pushed me back onto the bed. I rolled my eyes and him and pulled the blankets over me. It was rather chilly out, since it was London in the beginning of January. Gavin snuggled up next to me and wrapped an arm around my waist to keep me warm. We were still pretty jet lagged and weren't that tired, but we made up random stories to keep us from getting bored until we fell asleep.