Road Trip

"Did you hear about Lindsay?" "Who's going to be the new manager?" "Where's Geoff?" The questions were bouncing off everyone in the office once we got to work. "Wait. Where is G-" "What's up assholes? Did you miss me?" Geoff busted into the office as if on cue, interrupting me in the process. "Where were you?" Jack asked, from behind his desk. "A meeting," Geoff answered before sitting at his own desk. "Wow very informative," I rolled my eyes. "We were talking about you idiots. I didn't think you'd wanna know that," Geoff groaned. Gavin snickered beside me. "So who's taking Lindsay's position?" Ryan nudged Geoff in the arm. "We were overlooking who I suggested," Geoff answered. Everyone sighed. "Geoff you literally are the worst person to explain things," Jeremy groaned. Geoff just shrugged, "It's a surprise. Now get to work idiots." "Michael guess what," Jeremy pawed at the air behind Gavin to get my attention. I turned to him and gave him the 'go on and tell me' look. "I dunno. I just wanted to say hi." I rolled my eyes at him and turned my attention to my monitor. I put on some random game to try and beat my highscore.

Gavin got up at some point and almost tripped over my foot. I didn't pay much attention to where he was going because I was too focused on not dying in the game. I don't even know how long Gavin was gone, but at some point he threw a sandwich, that was wrapped, onto my lap. I paused the game and looked at him questioningly. "It's lunch, eat up," Gavin said as he sat down in his chair. I torn into the wrapping and started to eat. It was actually really good. "I still don't understand why you put so much me-" "Don't you even finish that sentence," Jeremy interrupted. I snickered and continued to eat my sandwich. "But I j-" "Don't," Jeremy gave Gavin a dirty look. The other guys started to chuckle too. Gavin huffed and crossed his arms. I finished up my sandwich as Gavin kept pouting. I tossed the wrapper in the trash and nudged him in the arm, "Don't be a baby, babe." Gavin frowned at me and I just chuckled. Andy burst in with a huge grin on his face, "MICHAEL, GAVIN. ARE YOU GUYS PACKED AND READY?" The whole office just stared at him. "No, we haven't packed. We aren't even leaving for like three days," I informed him.

No less than three days later, Andy came right back into the office asking us if we were packed. "Jesus, Andy! We already packed this morning," Gavin stuck his tongue out at Andy. "Oh we have to go home and get our bags," Geoff announced. "How about we go pack up our cars and meet back in the parking lot in an hour?" I asked. Everyone made a noise that sounded like an agreement so we all headed home. It was really early in the morning so it was still very bright out. Gavin and I made it back to our house and double checked our suitcases to make sure we had all the important things. Which really was just extra clothes, phone chargers, our tuxes, and the rings. I changed into sweatpants and an old t-shirt to be comfortable because I had a feeling I'd be the one driving all day. "We still have to pick up your mum and brother along with my family from the airport today," Gavin noted and he helped load our bags into a van we borrowed from someone in the office. "Yeah I know. My mom and brother come in two hours and your family flies in thirty minutes after that. We have time," I reassured him. I got in the front and started the car. Gavin got in the passenger's seat. I started heading to the office.

We all met up in the parking lot and I reminded everyone of what hotel we were staying at. They all typed it up on their GPS and got back in their cars. Gavin and I got back in too and started heading to the airport. We got there just in time to meet up with my mom and brother at baggage claim. I honestly felt like this day was a bit rushed. "Hey guys, look who we found," my mom smiled, stepping aside to show Gavin's parents and brother. He ran up to hug them while I hugged my mom. "Do you guys want to go eat?" I asked. "We just ate. That's how we met these guys," Tony explained. Gavin grabbed my hand, "We're road trip ready then! Come on guys!" I chuckled as he dragged me back to the van, our families struggling to keep up behind us. When we got to the van, Tony asked to drive so we let my mom sit in the passenger's seat next to him. Gavin and I sat in the two seats behind them, me sitting behind Tony. Gavin's mom sat behind me with his dad in the middle and George behind Gavin. I gave Tony the GPS coordinates and she started heading towards the hotel.

Everyone ended up falling asleep about an hour into the drive, except Tony of course. I was awake too. I was too nervous to sleep. Gavin was asleep too and looked adorable. My hands started shaking and I tried to relax them in my lap. "Nervous?" Tony asked from the driver's seat. "Yeah. My hands are shaking pretty bad," I looked at the rearview mirror which he was glancing at me in, "Anything could go wrong. One of us could back out, it could rain, the food could be ba-" "Michael, nothing's going to go wrong, okay?" "You don't know that, Tony. I don't get the good th-" "Michael come on don't say that," Tony gave me a slight smile in the mirror. I looked away from him to glance at Gavin for a second. He was stirring in the seat, but turned to face me. I smiled at him and he smiled back. Tony started to pull the car off the road and up to a rest stop. Everyone started to wake up about now and go use the restroom or buy food. Gavin's dad offered to drive. Gavin and I squished in the back with his brother to his right. My mom behind the driver's seat and Tony sat beside her. Gavin's mom sat in the passenger's seat. I turned so my back was resting on the window and I rested my legs on Gavin's lap.

Some how by the time we reached the hotel, George ended up in the floor between Tony and my mom and Gavin ended up in my lap while we took up the whole backseat. We all got up and started taking our bags into the lobby. It was an almost fancy hotel so they had the carts for the bags. Gavin's parents were getting their own room, my mom had her own room, Tony and George also had their own rooms, and Gavin and I, of course, shared a room. We all checked in and got settled. I got texts from the other guys all sayin they made it to the hotel and were going to sleep. I fell back on the bed and watch as Gavin paced around the room. His pacing was making me nervous and my hands starting shaking again, "What are you doing?" Gavin stopped for a second and looked at me, "I'm nervous." I held up my arm and showed him how much it was shaking. I fell back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. Gavin sat beside me, "This feels like a dream. I just-" He sighed and fell back on the bed next to me. I looked at him and he looked at me. "Let's go take a walk. Just the two of us," I suggested.

[A/N: SORRY I DIDN'T GET THIS OUT SOONER I WAS DEALING WITH PCD BECAUSE TØP SOLD OUT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN TWO NIGHT IN A ROW.]