Coffee Table

Gavin and I got caught up in work. I had to do all this voice acting and Off Topic and Gavin was busy with filming and everything else. I dropped the crutches as I got used to walking and picked up driving again. I barely saw Gavin at work anymore, apart from filming or breaks. Then by the time we got home, we just ate something and fell asleep. He usually fell asleep in the bed while I passed out on the couch. There were still limitations I had because of the break in my leg. I couldn't clean the house or mow the lawn. I had to quit going to the gym. Gavin was getting more stressed by the minute. I learned to cook all these crazy meals he used to just so I could take something off his shoulders. Yet my depression was getting worse. I felt like Gavin's stress was all my fault and that I couldn't fix it. He would catch me spacing out and comfort me. We never got a day off except for today. We both were relaxed on the couch, watching It's Always Sunny, not saying a word to each other. I begun to space out again, my mind going completely blank.

"Michael. Hello? Did you hear what I said?" Gavin waved a hand in front of my face. I blinked at him and shook my head. "I asked what you wanted to do today," he repeated himself. "Oh um... We need to go to the store," I muttered. Gavin eyed me, "Speak up. I can't hear you." "We need to go to the store!" I raised my voice so I was basically shouting. Gavin's eyes narrowed, "The bloody hell are you shouting for?!" I crossed my arms over my chest, "You couldn't hear me so I spoke up." Gavin huffed and rolled his eyes, "Of course." "Of course what, huh?" I glared at him. "Of course you'd act like a stubborn prick! All you do is lay around the house all day and do nothing. You haven't even made an effort to see me at work anymore," Gavin snapped. "Oh I don't do anything?! I've taken up so much extra work just to make us enough money to live! You are the one sitting around doing nothing! You don't even have a fucking license," I hissed. "God Michael! I just can't with you anymore!" Gavin jumped to his feet. I copied his moved, jabbing a finger in his chest, "You can complain once you start doing shit around this house." Gavin jabbed his finger into my chest, "I cook and I clean. I practically own this house." I jabbed my finger back at him, he did the same to me. I pushed him out of pure anger, watching him fall back and hit the coffee table.

He fell through the glass top, the glass shattering underneath him, and my anger immediately faded into concern. "Fuck Gavin, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" I leaned down to help him up. He just slapped my hand away and pushed himself to his feet. "Just leave me alone," he muttered. I just stood there, watching him stomp into the bedroom and slam the door. What the hell have I done? I thought. I glanced down at my feet to see the shattered glass all over the floor. I went over to the hallway closet and took out the broom and dustpan, walking back over to the living room. I swept up the glass and dumped it on the trash. I dragged the wooden base out to the curb and walked back inside. Dammit Michael. How are you going to get yourself out of this one? I sighed. I quietly walked down the hallway and leaned against the bedroom door. I could hear Gavin crying and it broke my heart. I tapped my knuckles on the wooden door, "Gavin, baby, can I come in?" "Go away," he growled. I tried the knob, but it was locked, "Please Gavvy. I didn't mean it swear." I heard the bed move and the door clicked open. I slowly peaked into the room and saw Gavin sitting on the bed with his back to me. He had a couple of cuts on his arms from the glass.

I shut the door behind me and stood in front of it. "I'm not moving from this spot okay? I'm just going to stand right here and explain myself," I said, gazing at his messy hair. He didn't say anything, just raised his hand up to his face, probably to wipe his eyes. "I can tell you're stressed out and it's making me stressed. I don't know why I lashed out, but I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I didn't mean to say all those things I did or push your into the table. I didn't mean to take up all this extra work at the company. Hell, I try to see you as much as possible, but I always get pulled away. I miss you Gavin. It's like we aren't on the same page anymore and I don't like it," I finished and let out a sigh. Gavin sniffled and faced me. His eyes were watery and his nose was slightly red. I felt terrible for doing that to him. "I'm sorry too. I had family issues and held it all in and took it out on you. I'm grateful that you're taking up extra work, it gives us more money to do things together on days off," he said, looking at his hands. I walked over to him and sat down on the bed. He leaned his head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around his shoulders. "Do you want to talk about your family?" I asked him.