Doctor Jones

I woke up to a light breeze, a killer headache, and basically a whole body ache. I didn't want to open my eyes because they were hurting too. I reached my left hand up to my face to push my hair back. What the hell happened to me? I decided to open my eyes and look around. I felt nauseous at the site. We were on an island, half the plane has exploded and mostly everyone was dead. I had a shard of something, probably metal, lodged into my thigh. I couldn't feel it, which I was guessing was extremely bad. I looked to my left, bracing myself to see him gone. To my relief, he didn't look too damaged. His face had a couple of scrapes while his right forearm had a deep cut. I removed my hand from his and tried to move myself so I could try and wake him. I shook his shoulders, "Gavin, come on babe. Wake up. Wake up, wake up, wake up. Gavin David Free wake the fuck up." He started coughing and opened his eyes, "Wh-" "Gavin! OH my god," I took a deep breath. "Michael, what happened? Where are we?" "We're on some island babe, the stupid plane crashed and we survived. We made it," I started crying and I couldn't tell you why.

Gavin started gagging when he looked at my leg. He really didn't like blood. I had ripped off a cloth and wrapped it tightly above the cut on my thigh and bit down on Gavin's jacket he kindly offered to me. I braced myself and yanked out the shard of metal. "Ah fuck!" I groaned, throwing it aside. I wrapped another ripped piece of cloth around the cut this time and handed the jacket back to Gavin. He honestly looked like he'd been through hell and he had a reason. "Did anyone else make it?" He asked bluntly. I undid the seatbelt that hilariously stayed on me. I stood up, balancing myself on the back of the chair in front my me. The back half of the plane, the one we were on, was beached on the sand, slightly elevated towards the very back. The sight was horrendous. There were passenger's still in their seats, some not even. As far as I saw, most were dead. I grimaced at the sight. I turned back to Gavin and shook my head. His eyes went wide and he was almost in tears. I heard something to my left, it sounded faintly of someone crying. "Gav did you hear that?" Gavin nodded his head, "Should we check it out?" I nodded and motioned for him to follow me. He undid his seatbelt and followed me, helping me stay upright while I walked. We followed the faint cries off the plane.

We reached the epicenter of the sound. It was a girl sitting down next to a younger man, his side impaled with a shard of metal. "Oh god," I choked out. Gavin put a hand on the girl's shoulder and she looked up at us. I recognized her as Callie from that night on the beach and I was guessing this was one of her family members. "H-He's dead. My dad's dead, my mother's dead, and now my brother's gone," she looked back down and held her head in her hands. Gavin's phone buzzed and we all shot him a look. He yanked it out of his pocket, removing his hand from me, and checked it. "I actually have service!" Gavin shouted. I punched him in the arm, "Call for help asshole!" Callie slowly stood up and wiped her eyes. Gavin handed me off to her and held his phone out, dialing something. Callie used her free hand wipe her eyes. "Hey it's gonna be okay. We're gonna get home and be heroes," I said to her in my most calming voice. She sniffled and looked at the ground, "But what's the point? My family is gone." I rubbed her shoulder with my left hand, "I know, I'm sorry, but look. Gav's gonna get us help and we're gonna go home so soon."

Gavin actually got in contact with some sort of help and they were going to track our coordinates. His phone ended up dying halfway through, but at least they knew we needed help. I kept gazing down to Callie's poor brother, but realized the metal shard wasn't anywhere near any major organs. I removed myself from Callie's side and limped over to him, sitting down as carefully as I could, pressing my fingers to his neck. He had a pulse. It was weak, but it was there. "Callie, he's not dead," I exclaimed, looking up at her. Her eyes went wide, "Help him!" I nodded and examined the impalement. If we pulled out the metal shard, he wouldn't bleed out. "Gavin go find me something I can fix this up with. Callie um- go scavenge the plane and see if you can find water," I ordered the two. They nodded and ran off. Gavin came back first, having found the first aid kit. I used it to help remove the metal then stitch it up and bandage it. Callie's brother started waking up when she gave him some water. Gavin and I gave them some space and went to look around. "I can't believe we survived a plan crash- And you saved someone's life!" Gavin nudged me. "I'm just glad that nothing bad happened to you," I sighed out, squeezing him closer to me.

"We are going to have some story to tell," Callie's brother, who I learned his name was Nick, let out a small laugh. "One hell of a story," I chuckled. "Hey uh- thanks for saving me," Nick flashed me a smile. "It was really much," I shrugged. Gavin nudged me, "You were awesome. Not even counting your leg and my arm." I looked around. There were twenty-seven people on that plane, but only four survived. What were the odds? Callie was sleeping on a blanket we found and Gavin was falling asleep on my shoulder. "Well I'm gonna try and sleep. You should too bud," Nick yawned out, laying down on 'his' blanket next to Callie. I nodded and laid back, laying Gavin down next to me. I kissed his forehead and held him as close to me as possible, "I love you Gavin. Please don't leave me." He moved himself on his side and rested his arm lightly across my chest, "I love you too, Mikey." I rested my right arm on my forehead and stared up at the sky. Why do all the bad situations always hit us?