Realization Hit Me Like A Train

We managed to sneak out of the airport and out to Geoff's car without being seen. Gavin sat in the front and I sat in the back. No one really said much the whole ride. "I'm taking you guys back to your place," Geoff noted. "Sounds alright," Gavin said before turning around to me, "I bet you'd like to take a shower, right?" I nodded which made Gavin chuckled. "We're here guys. Do you want me to stay with you for a bit?" Geoff asked us as he pulled his car into our driveway. "If you'd like," Gavin answered him. We all got out of the car, Geoff getting out his spare key and opening the door for us. The house was exactly like we had left it before the wedding. Geoff sat down on the couch and waited for the two of us to get cleaned up. Gavin took the guest shower after telling me to use our shower. I had to manage a way to keep my stitches from getting busted open by the water. I eventually came up with a way and got myself cleaned off. The cuts stung from the contact with the water. It wasn't anything I haven't felt before though.

"So how about I bring you guys over and have Griffon cook you a good meal?" Geoff gave us a comforting 'dad' smile. "I could go for some real food," I squeaked out. Gavin started chuckling and I glared at him. "What?" My voice came out croaky because I haven't used it in so long. "You sound like a child," Gavin snorted. Geoff started laughing too and sure enough, I joined it. It felt good to laugh. Geoff stood up, "Come on guys, let's go eat." Gavin slipped his arm around my waist. He sat in the back with me this time, snuggling up to me. "I'm so glad that we're here right now," he whispered to me. I smiled at him and leaned my head on his shoulder. Gavin stuck his hand out further in his lap and spun his wedding band around his finger. His looked brand new, shining as the sun hit it through the car window. I felt like a child going to meet unknown relatives for the first time. Quiet and slightly scared. I couldn't tell you why I was scared.

When we got back to Geoff's house, the girls just about broke into tears. Millie went straight up to Gavin and he lifted her up. I couldn't sworn I saw a tear fall from his eye. Griffin came over to me and smiled, putting her hand on my shoulder, before waking me in the arm with the towel in her other hand. "Ow! What the hell was that for?!" I held my arm and glared at her. I heard Geoff, Millie, and Gavin hold back their laughter. Griffin went over and hit Gavin as well, "That's for scaring the hell out of us!" Gavin had put Millie down by now. I looked back at Gavin and stuck my tongue out at him. "Who all found out?" Gavin asked. "Everyone. It was all over the news that it crashed and then earlier when you got to the airport," Geoff explained. "Alright enough chitchat, let's eat!" Griffin called and started towards the kitchen. "Oh wow, that smells amazing," I said as I breathed in the aroma that filled the kitchen. "It's chicken and twice-baked potatoes, nothing big," Griffin smiled at us. I turned to look at Gavin who was crouched down to the floor talking to Millie.

Gavin and I, after the heavy begging of the Ramsey's, went back to our home. Geoff had left an hour ago from dropping us off, yet Gavin and I couldn't bring ourselves to go back inside. "I have the keys," I lifted them up towards Gavin. He carefully grabbed them out of my hand and looked at me, "How's your leg?" I looked down at my leg and shrugged, "It's fine. How's your arm?" He looked at his arm and shrugged, "Fine." Gavin stood up and held a hand out to me. I placed mine in his and stood up with his help. He unlocked the front door and we went inside. We changed into pajamas and laid in our bed. We couldn't fall asleep no matter what we tried. Gavin had his arm wrapped around me and was holding me closer than he used to. I could feel him shaking slightly. I turned around to face him and saw that he was crying, "What's wrong?" Gavin looked me in the eyes, "We almost died! I almost lost you. I almost lost the love of my life in an instant and that just bloody hit me." I moved one of my hands up and cupped his cheek, "We didn't baby. We're still here. I'm still here." I couldn't stand this. Gavin looked so small when he cried. I moved my thumbs under his eyes and wiped away his tears. "I love you, Michael. I don't know where I would be without you," he choked out. I planted a kiss on his forehead, "I love you too, Gavin. I'd be dead if it weren't for you."

[A/N: I am so so sorry I haven't posted in a while. School's been really stressful and last week we had a hurricane and I was just now able to get Wattpad working. So here's a little filler chapter and I promise I'll go back to the regularly scheduled updates when I can.]