Nightmares and Lovely Thoughts

Geoff took us home after the cast was finished. It was an uncomfortable one, I'll have to say. It went all the way up to my hip. I had to sit in the backseat because I actually couldn't bend my leg at the knee. Gavin sat in the passenger's seat, staring back at me. "What?" I questioned him. He just shrugged at turned to the front again. "Come on. You keep staring at me. What's up?" Gavin didn't turn around. He didn't even answer my question. "Well here we are guys," Geoff interrupted, pulling into the driveway. Gavin came around and helped me out of the car as Geoff grabbed the crutches, passing them to me. I got as comfortable as I could with them and made my way to the front door. Gavin told Geoff he didn't have to stay. Geoff pulled out of the driveway andGavin took out the house keys, unlocking the door. He stepped aside to let me in first. I slowly made my way through the door, dreading these damn crutches. Gavin quickly shut the door behind both of us and helped me onto the couch. I propped my casted leg up on the coffee table in front of me. "I'm going to make us a quick dinner, love," Gavin smiled, planting a kiss on my cheek. "It better be quick because I'm starving," I chuckled. Gavin made his way to the kitchen calling back, "Turn on the TV, maybe find us a good movie to watch."

I just put on whatever was the newest movie and relaxed. Gavin walked over with a tray carrying two bowls of what smelled like soup in his arms. "Soup? Really?" I eyed him while grabbing a bowl. Gavin took his bowl and sat the tray on the coffee table. He sat down next to me, "Easiest to make." I hit play on the movie and pulled the bowl closer to me. Gavin snuck a pillow from the couch under my leg that I had propped up on the coffee table. "Thanks," I muttered out. I pulled the warm spoon up to my lips, taking a sip, and repeating. I didn't pay attention to the movie whatsoever. All I could think about was the fact I couldn't do anything now. This goddamn cast is going to take over my life. Gavin would have to take care of me forever. I didn't realized I'd finished my soup so quickly until I heard the spoon clink against the bottom. I sat it down on the coffee table, seeing as I can't even get up to wash it. Gavin finished his only shortly after and went to stick them in the sink. He came back over, sitting closer to me this time. I wrapped my arm around his shoulders as he snuggled into me.

The movie went off and I felt empty. Gavin helped me get ready for bed before actually helping me into bed. He went into the bathroom to get ready himself. I stared up at the ceiling. "I'm fucking useless," I accidentally said a bit loud. I rolled my eyes at myself and hit myself in the head. I heard the sink shut off and the door open. Gavin walked out in pajamas and turned off the bedroom light. He slid into the bed next to me. Gavin planted a kiss on my cheek as I shut my eyes. "You are not useless," I heard him whisper to me. A faint smile made it's way onto my lips before I drifted off to sleep. My eyes shot open what felt like only several minutes later. All I could see was black and I didn't feel the weight on Gavin's side of the bed or his slightly heavy arm rested on my stomach. A light turned on, bright red rays shining from it. I felt a lump in my chest. I couldn't move. "Stop breathing," a voice growled in the distance, "No one needs you here anymore." I started to breathe a little harder. It's a dream, Michael. Wake up. I could feel a hand moving up to my shoulders, grabbing tight and shaking me. "Wake up, Michael! Wake up!" Another voice snapped.

My eyes shot open for real this time. I felt warm droplets of liquid in my eyes and on my cheeks. The bedroom light was a normal color and Gavin was sitting on top of me, hands on my shoulders. I raised my hand up to my face to wipe the liquid off. I looked up at Gavin who looked more panicked than ever. "Oh Michael," Gavin breathed out, pulling me into a seated position. I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his chest. He wrapped one arm around my back and put another on the back of my head. "The things I heard you mumble," Gavin barely whispered out. I hugged him tighter. Gavin pulled away and made me look him in the eyes. "Is that what's going on in your head?" He asked in a hushed voice. I nodded, looking at my hands resting in my lap. "That's why you won't talk to me. You're afraid I'll agree with it," Gavin sounded shocked, "Dammit, Michael. Why would I ever agree with those absurd thoughts? I wouldn't have let you stay over at my house that long ago if I did." "You can't mean that," I mumbled. Gavin's hands moved up to my cheeks, moving my head up so I was looking at him again. He pressed his lips against mine and I felt my heart speed up. Damn this man.