Happy Booze Year

Gavin and I held a little New Years Eve celebration party. It started at three in the afternoon. Of course, there was lots of alcohol and snacks. Almost all of the Achievement Hunters showed up. They left by eight, though, to go celebrate with their significant others or kids. So here Gavin and I were with bottles of wine and champagne, being the only people in our house. "I bet your ass forty bucks that you can't down a whole bottle of wine faster than me," I smirked at Gavin. His eyes lit up at the bet, "You're on." We shook hands before each grabbing a wine bottle from the fridge. We popped the corks simultaneously and stared at each other. "Ready, set, CHUG!" I shouted and started to chug down the wine. Gavin copied me but started coughing not even halfway through. He kept going, as did I. I felt the last drop of the wine fall onto my tongue and I carefully slammed the bottle on the counter, "I win motherfucker!" Gavin sat the bottle down and started coughing again. I broke out laughing. Although the wine was taking a toll on me and I was feeling drunk. Gavin was too. I could tell by him falling on the floor and laughing.

"H-Hey," I chuckled, "Hey do you remember when you fell off the ladder that one time at that work party?" Gavin eyed me and nodded his head. We were both laying on the floor in our living room. "You had a sticker stuck to your shoe and... and Ray tried to pull it off and you fell back," I took a break to laugh again. Gavin started laughing with me," Y-Yeah! You caught me and then fell back into the wall. Then you wouldn't let me go for five whole minutes!" I elbowed him, "You were warm and I was cold!" Gavin smirked at me. I sat up to go check my phone, but stumbled a bit. Gavin stood up and immediately fell back down. I broke out in laughter so much that my side ached. Gavin whined about how his ass hurt. I smirked at him and held out my hands, "C'mere." He placed his in mine. The television was set to some New Years Eve show that was playing music right now. I yanked Gavin to his feet and kept him steady by wrapping my arms around his waist. He wrapped his arms around my neck. I kissed his cheek and swayed the two of us side to side. Gavin hummed to the song playing from the show.

But of course, his phone had to ring so he went into the bedroom to answer it. His family was probably calling to wish him a happy New Year. I fell back into the couch and sighed. He's talking to Meg. My thoughts argued with me. He's just drunk enough to fall for her tricks again. I rolled my eyes. Michael, he hates you. He doesn't want to spend the new year with you. He doesn't even want to raise a kid with you. I scoffed at myself and crossed my arms. I heard giggling coming from the bedroom. He's probably laughing at her. I felt tears well up in my eyes. I snuck into the bathroom to calm myself down. A pathetic baby you are. I let the tears fall, not out of sadness, but anger. Angry at myself for listening to my stupid thoughts. I could hear Gavin giggling more. Do it. You know you want to. I shook my head. Oh come on. You really think he's just laughing like that at his family? I caved. I grabbed the familiar piece of metal and stared at it for a minute. It's been a while since I held it in my hand. I placed it against my skin and shut my eyes as I dragged it across. One for giving in. I winced at the slight sting of it before doing it once more. Two for overreacting. Three for assuming things. Four for not talking to Gavin first. The five for listening to Meg.

I watched as the blood dripped into the white sink from my wrist. It was a sort of satisfying sight for me. I heard a knock at the door. "Just a minute," I called back and flushed the toilet to pretend as if I had used it. I then turned on the sink and washed the blood out of it before yanking down my sweater sleeve. I hid the blade again and then opened the door. Gavin was standing outside of it, leaning against the doorway. I was not drunk enough for any of this right now. "Who was on the phone?" I asked him. "Dan called to tell me about my old cat and the things it got into. Then made fun of me because I kept bringing you up and giggling," Gavin giggled again. I felt my face sink. That's why he was giggling. "How's he doing?" Gavin shrugged, "Fine. Prolly with some girl for the night." I rolled my eyes and headed straight for the couch. It was almost midnight. Gavin noticed my mood change and followed me, "What's wrong love?" He seemed to sober up like I did. I shook my head, "Tired." Gavin leaned on my shoulder, "Yeah?" I nodded and wrapped my arm around his shoulders, careful of my arm.

We had a couple of glasses of water, trying not to get a hangover in the morning. My mom and brother called me only for a minute or two to wish us a happy New Year. Gavin was making me dance around the room with him until the countdown. When it was finally time, he pulled me down onto the couch. We watched and counted down with the host on the show. "Five... four... three... two... one!" Gavin pressed his lips against mine almost viciously. I kissed back.  He pulled away for a minute and we caught our breath. Then we were right back at it with the television off. Gavin pressed me down onto the couch and started to kiss me more. "G-Gavin... We can't," I managed to get out. Gavin kept kissing me and moved onto my neck. He was sucking on it slightly and I knew it was going to leave a mark. "Gavin please," I said again. Gavin pulled away from me, "What's wrong?" "I don't want to tonight," I gave him an apologetic smile. He nodded and got off me, "Oh alright. I won't make you, love." "Thanks babe," I sat up and leaned on his shoulder. Gavin wrapped an arm around my shoulder and let out a yawn. I yawned two. We ended up falling asleep on the couch that night.