New Atmosphere

Gavin packed me a a bag filled with clothes and some trinkets from our house. I couldn't speak to him when we woke up. How dare he send me off like this. I met Geoff outside, Gavin close behind. I pulled my bags in the backseat with me and sunk down. Gavin and Geoff chatted away and I couldn't bring myself to open my mouth. I stared out of the window and tuned them out. "Mikey are you listening?" Gavin snapped in front of my face. I blinked at him. "I guess not," Geoff said. I hadn't realized it, but the car had come to a stop. "We're here," Gavin said. I gulped and pushed myself out of the car. Gavin stepped out with me and took my bags. We arrived to see a lady at a desk who checked me in and told me to say goodbye. I took my bag from Gavin and wrapped my arms around him. He pressed his lips to my forehead, "You be good okay? I'll see you soon. I love you." I nodded, "I love you too." The lady pulled my away from Gavin who had started to cry. I was crying too as I followed her down a dark hallway.

"Here's your room dear. We'll have to take your bag from you to check it, but after that you may have it back," the lady said, reaching for my bag. I handed it to her and was ushered into the room. A light came on and I felt my gut drop. The room was white and tiled. It looked like a normal hospital room. There was even a window on the far wall, though it was bolted shut and probably made with thick glass. The bed in the room was neatly made and housed a small nightstand on either side. The door shut behind me as I sat down on the bed. I noticed a door to my right and peeked inside. It was a bathroom, complete with a shower. I shut the door and sat back down. I reached in my back pocket, out of habit, to grab my phone and text Gavin, but sighed when I realized I had left it in the car. I jumped when I heard the door open and turned to see a woman walk in with a hospital band around her wrist. I looked down to see mine, then back at her.

She walked up to me, but stopped halfway, the woman had raven hair and bright blue eyes. She was wearing sweatpants and a red tank top. "You aren't one of those people that freak out by human contact are you?" I shook my head and watched as she stepped up to me and held out her hand. I put my hand out and shook hers. "I'm Tracey," she smiled and took her hand back. "Michael," I said. She pointed a thumb at the door, "Miss E asked me to show you around and stuff if you're up to it." I shrugged. She motioned for me to follow her so I did. "So what are you in here for?" Tracey asked me while we walked down the hall. "Oh um," I didn't really know how to describe it so I just held out my arms. Tracey winced at the sight of all the scars, "Ouch dude. Who caught you?" "My husband," I rubbed the back of my neck. "Damn," she said, "Oh this is the mess hall." We peaked inside and spotted a couple of people eating what was probably lunch. She pulled me along again and pointed out the recreational room and then we went back to my room. She showed me her room on the way back in case I needed anything.

We sat on my bed and made small talk. "What about you?" I asked her, breaking the silence. "What about me?" Tracey said. I shrugged, "Why are you here?" "My foster mom caught me half dead in the bathroom, a bottle of pills on the floor," she said, shrugging as well. "Shit. I know how that feels," I half whispered. "So tell me a bit about yourself, Michael," she elbowed me in the arm and made herself comfortable on my bed. "I'm from Jersey, moved here a couple years ago for work. Met my husband, Gavin, there and we got married last year," I mumbled. "How was your childhood? Must've had some trauma to end up here," Tracey stretched her arms behind her head. I gulped, "My father was a pisshead alcoholic who was abusive." Tracey's face scrunched up, "My parents died in a car accident so I grew up in some dumb fucking foster homes." I rubbed my arm, "Sorry about your parents." She just shrugged, "At least I'm not in jail." I nodded in agreement with her. Tracey looked up at the wall and I followed her gaze. There was a clock on the wall that I didn't notice before. "There gonna come to get us for dinner soon," she added.

Sure enough, a male nurse walked in and asked us to come with him. "I think I'm gonna skip dinner. I literally had a shit ton of fast food before I came," I blurted out. Tracey shrugged and walked passed the nurse. "You're the patient that just arrived, right? I'll just bring your food in here for you," the nurse said before closing the door. I fell back onto the bed and realized how uncomfortable the beds here really were. I stared up at the ceiling and started to think. I wasn't supposed to be here. I should be home with Gavin. No, he put me in here. He doesn't want me there. Hell, he's probably covering up for having an affair with Meg. I wouldn't doubt it. The same nurse came back in and put the tray of food on the nightstand. I just rolled my eyes at it and rolled onto my side. The window was open and I could see the sun setting. A bird perched itself on the very small ledge outside of the window. I watched it and the friends it brought along until my eyelids felt heavy. I tugged the blankets over my body and shut my eyes, falling asleep quickly after.

[A/N: I don't know if y'all saw, but I just uploaded a new story. It's FAHC related and the ship is Trevor and Jeremy. It's called Time Bomb if you want to read it!]