The Make-Up

"Lindsay I... I don't know what to say," I ran a hand through my hair, "Are you going to keep the baby?" She shrugged, "I can't raise a kid all on my own. Especially since I don't even have a house anymore." Gavin and I shared a worried look before Gavin widen his eyes and turned to Lindsay. "We can take the baby," he said. Lindsay raised her eyebrows and her lips curled into a small smile, "Really? That would be amazing. You two would make great dads." "Can I just talk Gavin for a short minute?" I flashed Lindsay a smile as she nodded her head. I stood up and grabbed Gavin by the arm, dragging him into the bedroom and closing the door. "Before you start yelling, just remember a couple of months ago we were talking about it okay?" Gavin grabbed my hands as he spoke. I sighed, "Gav we can't. We aren't ready." Gavin squeezed my hands, "Is anyone really ready for a kid?" "No, but-" "Micoo come on. We would be doing Lindsay a favor. We'd be helping her," Gavin let go of one of my hands and placed his hand on my cheek.

When we went back into the living room, Lindsay was standing up. "Look I know it was kind of rude coming here and sort of guiling you two into adopting, but I would love it if someone I cared about would take care of it instead of some strangers," her words came out fast. "Hey, hey. Calm down," I placed a hand on her shoulder, "I get it and we'll adopt for you." She pulled me into a hug and I hugged back. "Thank you guys so much," she said after pulling away. Gavin walked over and hugged her too, "It's the least we could do." Gavin stood next to me and slipped his hand into mine. "I should get going. My car's out front and I need to get a hotel room," Lindsay fiddled with her jacket sleeves. I looked at Gavin, then back at her, "It's already dark out. Why don't you just stay here for the night?" "Really?" She smiled. I nodded, "I'll help you bring your bags in."

About an hour later, Lindsay was settled in the guest room trying to fall asleep. Gavin and I had migrated into the kitchen and were sipping glasses of wine. "That was such a stupid thing to do," I chuckled. Gavin smirked and took a drink, "She really needed it and we made her day." Something in me ticked and suddenly all of this became a bad idea. "What if we make terrible dads? How are we going to work?" Gavin sat his glass on the counter and I did the same with mine. He snaked his hands around my waist and pulled me into a hug, "You've got to stop worrying so much, love." I wrapped my arms around his neck. Gavin pressed his lips against my neck only for a short second, "We should stay home tomorrow to help her sort everything out." I hummed in agreement. I started feeling extremely tired all of a sudden and let out a yawn. Gavin chuckled and pulled away from the hug, "Is someone sleepy?" "Shut up," I growled at him. We both got ready for bed, changing into pajamas and brushing our teeth, before crawling into bed. This is probably the first time we had actually slept in the same bed in a while. Gavin snuggled up next to me and I wrapped my arm around him. It felt nice to have him here and not be sleeping uncomfortably on a couch for once.

I woke up to the sound of pans clanking together. I rubbed my eyes and looked down to see Gavin asleep next to me. Who the hell was in our house? I hit myself on the forehead when I remembered that Lindsay had visited. I shook Gavin awake and watched him turn over to his side and grunt at me. "Hey dickwad. Wake up," I grunted back. He blinked his eyes open and sat up, "Well good morning to you too." I pressed my lips on his forehead, "I think Lindsay's making us breakfast and I don't want to be rude okay?" Gavin nodded. I nudged him out of the bed, "Go help her or something. I'm gonna put on clothes." Gavin nodded and trudged out into the kitchen. I tugged on a shirt before walking out into the kitchen as well. "Oh no, I got it Gavin. It's the least I could do for you guys since you let me stay," Lindsay's kind voice rang throughout the house. "Are you sure?" Gavin asked her as I approached the kitchen. I saw her nod and go back to cooking. I snuck up behind Gavin and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Good Morning, Linds. What are you making?" I smiled and rested my head on Gavin's shoulder. "You'll see," she chuckled.

Lindsay ended up making eggs and bacon for all of us and we ate in the living room. Gavin cleaned all the dishes we got dirty while Lindsay got dressed and I sat on the kitchen counter. "We should just take her to work with us," Gavin suggested. "We're acting like she's a stray dog we found," I rolled my eyes at him. "I mean," Gavin raised his eyebrows at me. I snatched the towel off the counter and hit him with it, "You dickhead!" Lindsay just had to walk in at that moment, "What'd he do?" I sat the towel back on the counter and jumped off of it, "Do you want to come into work with us?" "We totally trust you to stay here alone and whatever, but it might be nice y'know," Gavin turned to her. She shrugged, "Sure. Why not. Just let me go get my jacket." Gavin nudged me in the arm and smirked. "Oh you want to play that game," I squinted my eyes at him and placed my glasses carefully on the counter. Gavin's eyes went wide as he squawked and tried to run. I tackled him to the ground and wrestled him until I pinned his arms down. "Now what are you gonna do," I smirked at him. He frowned at me, "Micoo, you're hurting my wrists." "Oh shit sorry," I removed my grip from his wrists. He grabbed mine and flipped me over, a smirk now on his face.