Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

"My parents told my grandparents that I'm gay," he choked out. "I'm assuming they didn't take it too well," I said. "I said some really hateful things to my granddad because of it and now he's dead. He's dead and the last words he heard from me weren't good ones," Gavin started crying again. I pulled him into my lap and held onto him. He curled up into me and sobbed into my chest. I pet his hair, "It's okay Gav. He knows you didn't mean it. It's okay." "But what if he doesn't know? What if he takes me seriously?" Gavin pushed himself off me and looked me in the eyes. I moved a hand up to his cheek, "He knows you love him Gav. He wouldn't believe any of it." Gavin leaned into my hand, "The funeral is next week..." I rubbed my thumb over his cheeks to wipe away his tears, "Do you want me to come with you?" Gavin shook his head slowly, "I can't go. I just can't." "But it's your grandfather's funeral," I said lightly, confused as to why he wouldn't go. "I just can't handle it right now, Michael. I'm not ready to fly again," Gavin looked down. "Okay, yeah. That's fine," I gave him a faint smile. Gavin wiped his eyes and looked up at me. I pulled him into my lap and held onto him. I whispered sweet nothings into his ears until he calmed down.

We had migrated to our backyard after Gavin calmed down and were propped up in our outdoor chairs relaxing for a while. I sat up in mine and looked over at Gavin, "Hey move over." He looked at me, "There's no room." I stood up and walked up to him, "Alright then don't move." I sat down on his lap and leaned against his chest. Gavin wrapped an arm around my waist and planted a kiss on the top of my head. I held his left hand in my right hand and ran my thumb over his hand. "We should put the tree up," I yawned out. "We can go get one today," Gavin said. I looked up at him, "Do you want to?" "Yeah, we have the whole day off," he cracked a smile. I planted a kiss on his jaw, "Let's get going then." "Well you've got to get off me first," Gavin chuckled. "Alright, alright," I said, pushing myself off Gavin and standing up. I helped Gavin to his feet and we went back into the house. I stuffed my feet in my shoes, as did Gavin, and snatched the keys off the hook. I pulled on my jacket and shoved my phone and wallet in my back pocket. Gavin was pulling on his jacket as I rushed him out the door. We piled into the car and I started driving around looking for a place selling Christmas trees. 

We had eventually found one and started to look around. We had decided on getting a ten foot tree since the roof in our living room was fairly tall. "It's chilly out here," Gavin kept rubbing his arms as we were walking around. I snaked an arm around his waist and pulled him close to me. "That's better," he chuckled and leaned into me. "Hey how's that one?" I blurted out, pointing to a tall, thick tree leaning against the wall. "Oh that one's nice," Gavin smiled. He checked the price, "Oh wow, it's only fifty dollars." "That's pretty cheap for a big one. I'll go get someone to help us," I left Gavin's said to go find a worker. Once I found someone, I led him back to the tree. He prepped it for us and even helped load it on the car. I tipped the guy before Gavin and I got back into our car and started back for the house.

I pulled into the driveway and shut the car off, "Get the front door for me and I'll drag this thing in." "Michael are you sure you don't want help carrying it?" Gavin eyed me  as we got out of the car. "I'm good babe," I flashed him a smile before starting to untie the tree from the roof of the car. Gavin unlocked the front door and held it open for me as I almost dragged the tree into the house. The stand was already by the window, as Gavin had put it there before I pulled the tree in. I lifted it up and placed it in the stand, having Gavin hold it while I screwed it in. I stepped back once I was finished and stood next to Gavin. "Ornaments?" He smirked like a child. "I'll go get them," I placed a hand on his shoulder before trudging off into the hallway and opening the closet doors. I reached in the back and pulled out three boxes labeled 'Xmas' and carried them into the living room. Gavin immediately started digging into the boxes. "I got the lights!" I held up strands of, somehow untangled, white lights.

We had decorated the tree completely about two hours later and stood back to admire our work. "Something's missing..." I ran a hand through my short hair trying to decide what the tree was lacking. Gavin pulled the star out from behind his back and smirked at me, "C'mere and I'll lift you up." I took the star from Gavin and got on his shoulders. I carefully placed the star on the top and plugged it in, smiling as it lit up. Gavin was about to let me off his shoulders when there was a knock on the door. "Gavin! Let me down before you get that," I frowned as he answered the door. I was shocked to see Lindsay standing there with an odd look on her face. "Lindsay! What are you doing here?" I questioned, bending down and pressing my arms on the top of Gavin's head. Gavin grunted. "What are you doing on his shoulders?" She pointed at us. "Oh, whoops," Gavin chuckled before basically dropping me on the ground. "Asshole," I muttered and stood up. "Come on in," Gavin stepped out of the way and shut the door behind Lindsay.

"Wow, your tree looks really nice," Lindsay smiled as she examined it. "Thanks, we just finished," Gavin plopped himself down on the couch. Lindsay turned towards the couch, "Hey where's your coffee table?" Gavin and I shared a slightly sad look as I rubbed the back of my neck. "Long story," I replied. Lindsay nodded and sat down, "So um... Remember that guy I was with?" Gavin and I both nodded. She continued to explain, "He kind of kicked me out and I had no where else to go." "What about your parents?" I asked her. "We aren't really on good terms," she looked at her feet. "Oh," I sat down next to Gavin. "Why did he kick you out?" Gavin blurted out, "If you want to tell us, that is." Lindsay looked back up at us with a quirky smile filled with worry, "I'm pregnant."

[A/N: So that was a thing. How'd you guys like it? Sorry it was kind of rushed though, I'm so busy with midterms and such! See you in the next one.]