Epilogue

~ Epilogue ~

It felt unreal, staring at the sun as we flew away from the terrible place we were trapped in. The sun crept out through the clouds, illuminating against the window. I watched as they dropped the bombs, as the explosion erupted, and as thousands of bodies burned in the fire. I watched as we flew away from the danger. My body was still shaking from happiness and shock. My wounds and bruises hurt me but I ignored them. I knew we were going to a safe place from now on.

One glance at Harry's half covered face had my heart skip beats. He was laying down beside me, almost ready to fall asleep. The rest of the boys were also resting around, while Liam was staring outside the opposite window, biting the skin on the back of his index finger as he thought. He had been through a lot of stress, as he tried to save us all from dying from our injuries. He had done a great job.

The sound of the main rotor blade echoed in my ears. The pilots talked quietly and informed the other army groups for our arrival. The soldiers asked us if we were all okay and gave us water to drink. My throat has never been worse, nor my stomach which was about to close for good any time now. I gently fondled Harry's hair, knowing this will calm him down. I felt every burned and reef hair under my fingertips and my heart tugged with sadness. My poor boy..he had been through a lot of pain. And the scars will remain on his beautiful face, but at least he is alive.

The strong wind hit against the window and my eyes drifted back to the burning city. The officer demanded to drop bombs in every corner. The new one. The old officer, that stupid bastard, was attacked by one of his soldiers that got bit a few seconds before they managed to climb in the car, so he turned into a zombie, and bit the officer's neck. The greatest news I've ever heard, to be honest. Now a new guy is in charge, called Leo. Louis said he is one of the best lads he has ever met, so he is not worried about a thing anymore. It was really relieving hearing that from him.

We landed smoothly at the airport and once the door opened, we all walked out in the fresh air. The feeling of freedom hit me hard and a small smile formed on my lips. Louis and Zayn were grinning like idiots, while Liam and Thomas helped carry Harry inside. Niall was walking behind us. I walked beside them and stared at Harry's face. I prayed he will get well very soon. I was beyond surprised to see how many people were inside the airport. The whole hideout and maybe three more. They were too many, and I had to see so many people, as humans and not zombies, gathered together since the day the apocalypse started.

“Holy Molly.” Louis whistled. “All these fans waiting out here for us?” he joked, causing Niall to chuckle and Zayn to laugh.

“Of course they are.” A brunette guy appeared in front of us, with deep brown eyes and a giant smile. “Couldn't leave without you guys.” He said, throwing his hand between us.

“Umm..” I murmured, confused.

“Leo!” Louis jumped and hugged him, “Bro, long time no see!” he said, causing Leo to laugh and hug him back.

Oh, so this is our new officer. He is really young, around 24, and he's got a lot of responsibilities on his shoulders, but I prefer him over the other fucker.

“I heard the news, congrats.” Zayn said, high fiving Leo, the rest of us nodding and smiling in agreement.

“You made us proud.” Niall said.

“Thank you.” Leo smiled as Louis pulled away from his embrace. “Ya Know, Styles was supposed to be next but he was trapped with you.” he said, causing me to gasp in shock.

“Really?” I blurted, my eyes wide.

Leo turned to look at me and nodded before offering me a genuine smile. “You must be Claire, nice to meet you.” he held out his hand for me.