Chapter 7

~•~ Chapter 7 ~•~

I can hear them talking..talking about you..

Claire's POV

I kept my hands next to my head the entire time as I did my sit ups, Zayn putting pressure on my feet and his coffee brown eyes staring down at me intently as he counted.

"..98..99..100, well done." he said, tapping my knee.

I let a heavy sigh and let my body collapse on the floor, panting as I tried to rest after two hours of training. Zayn was testing my limits, wanting to see if I can go through every challenge. I think I did pretty good, though.

My heart was practically racing inside my chest abd I could feel my body begging for 12 hour sleep. I brought my arms in front of my eyes and gasped for air, the sweat covering my back and front.

"You okay?" Zayn asked, getting off my feet and giving me some space.

"Yeah..just fine.." I mumbled, my throat dry. "I need water." I said in a small voice.

"Here," he handed a new bottle and I wasted no time to gulp the whole of it. "You must be starving." he told me and I nodded before I pulled the bottle away from my lips.

"I am." I admitted and pushed myself off the floor.

"We're done, either way. You did good today. Let's go have something to eat, yeah?" he said, handing me the towel.

"Hell yeah." I sighed and wiped my forehead.

We exited the training room, that had emptied a few minutes ago and entered the cafeteria. All the guys that were training before were now having lunch normally, thus Louis and Liam.

Zayn told me to go and sit with Louis and Liam and that he would bring the food so I did just that. A few other guys that I did not know stared at me, but I did my best to ignore them.

A guy with tanned skin gave me a small, attractive, friendly smile. "Heard you beat Harry's record today." he told me, making me nod.

"Yeah, she rocked it." Liam smiled, nudging my shoulder gently with his. I chuckled awkwardly, my cheeks flushing slightly.

"You're joining us, right?" he said casually, moving his fork in the air. He must be in the army group too. He has muscular body and a gun tacked in his waist band, so he probably is one of Harry's little warriors.

"That's what I'm trying to do." I said and Zayn appeared with two trays in both hands. He placed my tray in front of me and I gave him a thankful smile. "Thanks." I said quietly, earning a small smile from him before he settled down beside me.

I wasted no time to eat all my food. Pasta with meat and sauce, along with a glass of cherry juice and feta cheese. I was seriously shocked at the good quality of food. I wondered where they found those things.

Thankfully, nobody asked me questions, letting me eat in silence. They were talking about the weather and the guy with the tanned skin and brown eyes started describing an unforgettable fight between the army group and a big group of zombies that had surrounded them, saying they lost only two brave men that decided to go forward and distract the zombies so the rest of the others could escape from a window. It was a sad story, really, and it only made me nervous about the day I will have to leave with the boys and go for a raid.

"Yeah, Harry's been working on it." the mention of Harry's name dragged me out of my thoughts, making me look up at Louis who was speaking casually, moving his hands the whole time. "He says we need to explore the other side of that building."