Chapter 52

~•~ Chapter 52 ~•~

I was positive that I got chills because of her presence and not because of the cold weather. She barely looked at us. The way she stared at Harry..it was obvious she had great plans in her mind with him. Plans that have little to do with her work. Plans that involve just her and him. Her smirk screamed power and confidence. Things I didn't have in that moment.

I swallowed hard and scooted closer to Thomas, who was still looking at her stunned. I'm sure he was expecting something creepier than what he was seeing. Not that the woman that was standing before me wasn't creepy. But as much as I hated to admit it, she was very good looking.

“How was the journey?” Harry asked, his face showing nothing but kindness and good mood.

And for a reason, it pissed me off.

“Just like the last time, boring.” She answered casually, her voice sending more chills down my back. Then, her eyes moved to Liam, “Hello.” She greeted cooly.

“Welcome,” Liam greeted nicely.
Then she looked down at Niall. She cocked a brow and amusement flashed across her face. “Horan, what happened? Tripped over a rock?” she mocked, causing me to frown.

Niall pursed his lips, blue eyes frustrated. “Always sweet, aren't you?” He retorted, causing Zayn to snort.

She smirked. “Maybe you should be like me.” she shot back. “But now that I see you,” she glanced at his cast. “I highly doubt you'll manage.”

I turned to look at Thomas and mouthed “What the hell?”.

He shrugged and leaned closer to me, “She's odd.” he whispered and I huffed.

“Say that again.” I murmured.

Niall scowled at her, “No thanks, I prefer being with a broken leg than like you.” he shot.

Harry sent him a warning look, causing Niall to look down, frustrated. Casey's smirk widened and my stomach knotted tightly. She then looked at Louis and her smirk faded away quite fast.  I stiffened, because seeing her cold stare and bitter face was not something worth seeing.

“Tomlinson.” she greeted flatly.

“Maxwell.” He replied in the same tone. “Welcome back.” he said, although it was obvious he didn't mean it.

She smirked. “You're very pleased to see me again, I see.” she shot lowly.

He faked a smile pretty obviously. “Just as pleased as you are.” He said, making my eyes widen in amusement. I seriously wanted to high five Louis. He is so sassy, I love it.

She let a humorless chuckle before moving her eyes to Zayn. Her eyebrow raised slightly and she seemed to approve him. Not that I wonder why, Zayn is really good looking, but is that really what she thinks?

“Malik, greetings.” she said, him nodding. “You got taller.” She noted.

“Thank you.” Zayn said nicely. “You got...” he eyed her from head to toe, taking a little longer to finish his sentence. “Older.”

“Uglier.” Louis murmured between coughs, making Harry turn to glare at him again warningly.

Niall snorted and looked away from Casey, hiding his grin. Liam and Chris had a serious face on, managing to cover their amusement, while Thomas and I tried our best to hold back our giggles.

Casey glanced at Louis and rolled her eyes before she looked over at me. My stomach tightened painfully again. Her eyes took me in as she tried to read through me and remember me.