Chapter 57

~•~ Chapter 57 ~•~

The bullet caused me to fall down on the ground with a hiss, blood immidiately coming out. Cold water covered me, sending shivers down my spine and causing my bleeding wound to hurt more. However, the shock that I felt that moment was nothing compared to the way I felt when I looked at Casey.

Her eyes wide, her face growing pale and a bullet sank into her chest, causing blood to pour out. The look of anger and fear in her face caused me to feel indescribable things. She fell down on her knees first before collapsing on the ground, splashing water everywhere.

I heard loud foosteps coming from behind me and I turned my head to see a worried Harry crouching over me. “Are you okay? Where did he get you?” He asked way too fast, panting.

“My arm,” I groaned, pressing my palm over my wound. “T-Thomas.” I stuttered, looking over at him. He was hardly holding himself on the knees, face covered in absolute pain.

“Get Thomas!” Harry yelled, slipping both arms beneath my body and lifting me up.

“I can walk,” I muttered, looking at Harry's stressed and worried face.

“So can I.” he answered flatly.

The rest of the boys were already inside and Chris and Zayn sprinted to help Thomas up. Liam looked at me in shock while Louis gave me a guilty look.

“I'm so sorry, Claire—I didn't mean to—,“ Louis gushed, blue eyes worried.

“It's okay,” I assured, nodded. I hissed when Harry's fingers suddenly touched my wound, sending jolts of pain through me.

“Hurry!” Harry yelled and walked through the doors. He pressed the red button on the wall and another door appeared from inside wall. He stepped inside, “I shouldn't have left you behind.” he muttered and went straight to the elevator.

“Stop,” I hissed, squeezing my eyes when another jolt of pain hit me. “It's not your fault.”

“I covered your back, I should have been there with you.” He said angrily and pressed the button, making the doors close.

“Wait—Thomas–,“

“Chris and Zayn will take him,” He cut me off, his green eyes studying me closely. “Why didn't you shoot her?” He asked, narrowing his eyes.

I rested my head against his shoulders, suddenly feeling useless and guilty again. I felt like the girl that will be commented again as a coward that couldn't even shoot a wan that was about to turn. But I couldn't. My hands were shaking. I was too scared to shoot Thomas accidentally. I would have died out of guilt if I had shot Thomas instead of her.

I closed my eyes, grimacing as more warm blood poured out of my wound. “My hands were shaking.” I muttered, ashamed.

He let a sigh. “Calm down now, babe. You'll be alright.” he cooed.

Once the doors opened, he rushed to one of the recovery rooms and placed me gently on the bed. I flinchdd when a maid came to check up on the wound and touched the torn area around it. The whole time they were cleaning and taking care of me, I kept thinking about how useless and a coward I was.

Harry paced back and forth, irritated and stressed, sending me worried glances every now and then as I sat down and waited for the maids to be done with my arm. I felt so bad. I couldn't even shoot the woman that disrespected my dead sister, hurt my best friend and aimed her gun to my head twice. She knew my weakness. She knew that mentioning Kate would hit me in the heart. And that's when I wondered something.