Chapter 49

~•~ Chapter 49 ~•~

I didn't think I could reach my room without falling on the floor since my body ached terribly. I thankfully didn't see any of the rest of the boys in front of me, and nor did the strangers say anything when they saw us walk down the hallway side by side.

When I opened the door, a large wave of relief took over me. I stepped inside the dark room and lit up the small lamp next to my bed, creating a soft aura. The door closing behind me made me turn my head, only to see that Harry had stepped in and didn't leave like I thought he would.

“Lay down, you had enough.” He said cooly, voice deeper.

“I will,” I sighed, taking a seat on the bed. I took my shoes off and placed them next to my dresser. “You don't have to babysit me.” I huffed, teasing him.

“Babysitting would sound wrong,” he snorted, leaning his back against the door, hands on his hips. “Taking care of you would be better.”

“I'm okay, really,” I muttered, looking up at him. “I just need rest. A lot of rest.”

“You'll have it.” he nodded. “Get changed and sleep.” he urged, moving his hand. “And about earlier..”

“Oh please no, I seriously don't wanna talk about it.” I shook my head, raising my hand.

“You were good, Claire. Really.” he insisted, green eyes growing darker.

“Why didn't you want to hit me?” I asked, raising my brow.

He bit his lower lip. “I don't like beating women.” he shrugged, chuckling.

“Not buying it.” I said, making him raise both brows. “I could see it in your eyes..you were thinking about something..” I pointed at him.

“Like what?” he cocked his head to the side.

“I don't know, you tell me.”

He chuckled, looking at me in a hint of amusement. “Claire, I knew that if I hurt you like I would hurt a guy, you would end up in the recovery room, and you were already too injured for more stitches.” He said casually.

“Is it really that?” I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

He pulled his lips into his mouth, emerald green eyes watching me intently. “Mostly.” he muttered.

I knew he didn't want to admit he cared too much to hurt me like he should, but seeing him like that made my heart skip a beat.

“Hm. Alright then,” I sighed, patting my thighs. “Thanks again for..before.” I said awkwardly.

He nodded, gaze falling on the floor. “Yeah, no problem.” he murmured.

Awkward silence fell over us for a few seconds that made my stomach knot. I hate when we are like this. It's like the intensity in the air eats me alive.

“Did you tell your boyfriend about us?” he shocked me by asking.

I gave him a strange look, although he was staring at the floor. “My boyfriend?” I repeated. About us? Why do we have to talk about this right now? Nervoussness creaped up inside of me and the bed suddenly felt really stiff and uncomfortable.