Chapter 32

~•~ Chapter 32 ~•~

Zayn opened up a door on the ceiling, standing on a staircase. I watched patiently as he pushed the iron door to the side and felt cool air hit my skin. He turned to look at me, “Come on.” he urged as he climbed up.

I followed and climbed up the stairs and popped my head out. My eyes widened in awe when I saw the sky covered in a mixture of colours. Dark purple, dark blue and pink. A few clouds were there aswell. I pushed myself up and stood up. Zayn was already sitting down on the ground, elbows resting on his bent knees, eyes staring ahead. I could see the grey, abandoned city and the destroyed buildings. The empty, wet streets.

“Wow.” I breathed, my eyes wide. Despite the city being so dead, the view made it look so nice.

“I know right.” he chuckled. “I like staying here for hours.” he said.

“You're always coming up here alone?” I asked, taking a seat down next to him.

“No, the boys hang out with me aswell.” he answered cooly. “But I come here most of the times alone than the rest of them. They are always too busy for others than for themselves. I don't like doing that. I like giving myself some time to relax and think.” he explained.

I agreed and couldn't help but feel him. He and I are so alike, it surprised me. He looks like a bad boy type, but he has some rules for his own self and he wants privacy. He has a good heart, that is for sure. You can see it in his eyes.

“I admire you, Zayn.” I admitted. He gave me a stunned look. “You don't just put up with Harry's rules. You like revolutions, don't you?” I said and he nodded.

He let a light chuckle. “I do follow Harry's rules, always, I just made it clear that I'm still the same Zayn I was, and I will still have control of my own life.” he looked away. “He agreed.”

Of course he would. Harry might be so tough and serious about his rules, but he respects others' rights and wants.

I looked at the city again and crossed my legs. We stood in silence for a few minutes before he spoke up.

“I heard you won.” he said casually.

A small smile formed on my lips and I turned to look at him. “Yeah, I did.”

He ticked his head to the side momentarily. “You must be really good at fighting.”

I pulled my lips into my mouth and looked down at my hands. “I won Kate, not Harry.” I chuckled.

He huffed. “No one can win Harry.” He said, dead serious.

Something pinched my gut and my confidence seemed to shrink. “That's what everyone says.”

“You think otherwise?” he looked at me, brows pulled low over his eyes.

I shrugged. “I don't know.”

“You think you can win Harry?” he asked in disbelief.

“I..I don't know.” I muttered, shaking my head. “He is intimidating and-and I feel like when I will have to fight him, I will back down and run away.” I admitted. It's true. Despite being so confident when I talk to Harry, I deep down know there is no way I can actually get on top of him. He scares me way too much and he is way too strong for me to handle.

“This is the place to lose your fears.” he said. “You get trained to be fearless. If Harry is your weak spot, work hard to become strong enough to fight it.”