Chapter 47

~•~ Chapter 47 ~•~

“Guys! Guess what!” Louis gushed as he rushed to our table, eyes wide and excited. His hair bounced on top of his head with each step.

The next day I found myself sitting at the cafeteria with the boys, having breakfast. I could barely eat and I told them thousands of times, but Liam and Thomas would press me to put the spoon into my mouth and eat all my cereal. After what happened between me and Harry last night, I barely slept. My mind kept flashing back to his lips and how good they felt against mine.

But then I realised that I shouldn't be like that. I had lost my sister, I shouldn't be happy. They say grief changes people. But after what happened with Harry, the pain had almost diminished fully. I didn't want to be like a silly teenager that forgets her problems when her crush smiles at her, so I decided to stay serious and face my problems instead of running away from them.

“What?” Zayn asked, voice husky. His quiff didn't succeed today, I could tell, because he had his hair lowered in front of his forehead, like a fringe. It looked good though.

“Harry totally snapped at the fucking officer!” Louis announced, causing everyone around the table to gasp in surprise. I didn't react, although it did shock me.

“What?” Liam asked.

“Yeah, he was totally pissed with what that douche did to us so I'm proud of him. It was about time.” Louis smiled proudly, sitting down. He placed his tray on the table. “That fucker couldn't just get away after what he made us go through.”

I noticed Chris stiffen, his sad eyes staring down at the food in his tray. My own heart tugged and I took a deep breath. No more crying. I was still embarassed that Harry had seen me cry. I was tired of letting the pain pinch my heart every once in a while. I needed to build up walls and to hold shields.

“You see, that officer is responsible for your food, this hideout, your room and everything else. Be a little more grateful.” Liam said slowly, looking up at him seriously.

Louis leaned against the table. “The army and the government is responsible for everything we have here. Not that douche.” Louis clarified sassily. “And I don't like that guy, he's so stupid.” He added bitterly.

“Eat.” Thomas murmured to me, giving me a stern look. He had noticed that I stopped eating for a few minutes.

Sighing, I brought the spoon to my mouth and ate some cereal. I looked at him as I chewed, raising my brows as if asking him if he's happy now. He gave me a light grin before returning back to his breakfast.

“And also, he sent us down there without warning us about those zombies. It was like he wanted to kill us.” Zayn said, moving his hand.

“Exactly.” Louis nodded, agreeing.

“Can we please not talk about that raid?” I asked quietly, keeping my eyes focused down.

Silence surrounded our table and tension was built up. Zayn sighed, “I'm sorry, Claire.” he murmured.

“We're all sorry.” Louis said. “It was our fault. We should have protected her.”

“No. That should have been me.” I argued lowly, looking up at him.

Louis pursed his lips and shook his head. “You were with Harry, you didn't know.” He said cooly. “We were with her. But we didn't see her when she was attacked.”