Chapter 74

~•~ Chapter 74 ~•~

Claire's POV

Once they stepped out, my stomach shrank.

I wanted to stand up and go after them, make them let me go with them or force them to stay. I hated the feeling of guilt and anxiety. Harry kept looking at me while the others readied their guns. Liam had ordered Thomas to sit next to me and have his arms around me to keep me warm since Harry was leaving. Harry, of course, didn't like the idea.

“Don't do anything stupid.” he warned Thomas with a glare, making the rest of the boys struggle to keep their laughs while Thomas got all awkward.

Zayn assured me he will take care of them, and as much as it made me feel better, I knew that the circumstances would make it so difficult for him to take care of himself.

“I'll be back.” Harry said in a warning tone, glancing at Thomas as he bent down and kissed the top of my head.

“Please be careful.” I muttered, my heart cracking.

“I will, love you.” he assured, squeezing my hand gently before walking away.

And then, they all left the room, leaving us with the worry and fear burning inside of us.

God please help them.

Harry's POV

I was coursed by agony and worry as the four of us moved through the dark hallways. For the first time in my life, after years of training and experiencing difficult situations, the gun in my hand felt strange and heavy. The only thing keeping me going further into the danger, was her.

Just the thought that she was suffering while I was fine made my heart break. I didn’t want to show anyone my weakness, but the boys already knew. I was never really used to this. Having so many feelings out of control. It was really frustrating. Especially at the beggining. When I first saw her and brought her to our hideout. She had something in her eyes that pulled me in, and despite being constantly busy, her face would sink in back to my mind.

I ignored it at first. I didn’t pay too much attention. But every day, i would catch myself thinking about her more and more. I didn’t want to admit it. Hell, I absolutely hated the fact that she was messing with my imagination. Scenes of her played in my mind. But then it got more fucking intense, and she took over my mind like it was a fucking toy. I wouldn’t sleep because of the anger I felt at the beggining. I wanted her out of my head. But fuck, she just wouldn't leave me alone.

And then, I started caring. Too much. I knew I was going towards a bad road. I knew that these feelings were going to fuck me up. But no matter how much I tried, I just didn’t have it in me to push her away. I actually fucking needed her. She was the only one snapping at me that shutting people out was making it only worse for me. That’s when I realised that she isn’t like the other girls I had met and wasted my time on.

She was truly unique.

And the fact that she was now in pain made me wish I could take her pain.

We had our plan, after so many arguements and suggestions, we had a plan that wasn’t completely approved as safe. But we had no other option. The lads agreed to join me, because even if they didn’t, I would still go on the search on my own. I seriously couldn’t give a fuck about how many zombies were waiting for me.

I just had to do it.

When I saw her so vulnerable and pale and heard that she is sick, I felt the world disappearing around me. I had shrank into an emotional circle and I fought so damn hard not to let my walls down. That’s why I ran out. Because for the first time, I actually shed tears for a girl.