Chapter 72

~•~ Chapter 72 ~•~

It was the first time in my life I had felt so hopeless. Staring down at the sea of red eyes made me realise how terrible this is. We had absolutely no chances. We couldn't leave by helicopter, nor get our army groups to help us. The zombies had already entered the building and they had taken at least five floors, and we were trapped on the roof, in the freezing cold and pouring rain, with a few bullets and injured bodies.

We were seriously fucked.

The desperation in Harry's eyes broke my heart to pieces. He was torn. He didn't know what to think. He was lost, searching for a way to survive. But I knew, that the chances to walk out of here alive were pretty much impossible. By the looks on every one of the boys' faces, you could tell all the hopes they felt had just jumped off the roof.

"A-are you kidding me?" Niall stuttered, running stressfull hands through his wet hair.

"Oh my God." Louis murmured, hand covering his mouth.

I looked back down at the zombies and coughed, my chest tightening with worry and fear. I suddenly felt dizzy and I saw their red eyes like dots moving in the streets. It was a blurry scene. I panted and felt my ears burning while chills ran all the way from my face down my toes. Harry looked at me and I felt his hand on my lower back.

"Claire are you okay?" he asked, his voice a faint sound to my ears.

I didn't even realise how my knees gave up on me and I almost collapsed on the ground. Harry immidiately wrapped him arms around me and held me on my feet, cursing and shouting at the boys to help him. "Babe, what's wrong?" he asked, voice raspy.

I panted and closed my eyes, my head pounding terribly. My stomach and chest felt so empty and heavy, it got me hardly breathing. "Harry! Guys! In here!" I heard Niall shout from away, but I didn't find it in me to open my eyes and look.

"Hold on, baby, please don't close your eyes." Harry murmured.

"Hurry!" Liam yelled.

"Zayn turn on the lights!" Thomas said.

I felt Harry running, his chest rising and falling right next to mine, his arms cold but he somehow managed to keep me warmer than before. I shivered like crazy. When I opened my eyes, I saw that we were walking inside a room that had lots of buttons and two couches. The lights were too bright and got my eyes stinging. I squeezed them shut and leaned my head against Harry's shoulder. 

I was gently placed on one of the couches, I could tell by the cold leather pressed against my skin. I shivered and slowly opened my eyes only to flinch at the shouts of the boys and the intensity of the lights. "Shit," I groaned, bringing my hand on my forehead.

Harry sat down beside me, his hand taking mine and holding tightly. "What are you feeling?" he asked, pushing away the wet hair from my face.

I cringed and groaned. My throat felt so tight and dry, it was awful for me to speak. "So much.." I murmured before coughing.

He looked at me with worry and confusion before turning over to Liam who was checking up the buttons with Zayn. "Liam! Come here!" He ordered, making me flinch.

Liam swung around and looked at us before rushing to our side. His brown eyes took my status in, brows furrowing in confusion, hair dripping with cold water. "Jesus, she is so pale." He said, making my stomach knot.