Chapter 64

~•~ Chapter 64 ~•~

My bloody stained clothes were collided to my skin and my hair was messy as I walked back to the Jeep. I couldn't help but feel good and relieved after taking all my emotions out. The zombies I stepped on felt like the red carpet for me. Like I had just won an award.

I actually had won a war.

I saw Louis and Liam talking in the Jeep and when they looked at me, shock and anger was written across their features. Harry was basically a moving angry body. I know he is furious at me for disobeying his orders, but to be completely honest, I didn't care.

"You almost got yourself fucking killed and you wouldn't stop even for a damn second." Harry hissed as he rounded the car. Zayn jumped in and I followed.

"Here's our psycho," Louis greeted, giving me a judging look.

"I thought that was you," I shot back.

"Have you ever seen me running like a fucking maniac towards the zombies – like literally commiting fucking suicide? Nuh uh," He sassed back, giving me s strange look.

Harry jumped in and his green eyes were glowing with anger. "What the hell got into you?" he hissed, glaring at me from the passenger's seat.

"I did my duty, kill the zombies." I stated, trying my best not to laugh at their angry faces. I know what I did shocked and scared the hell out of them, but I wouldn't do it if I wasn't sure that I could make it. Besides, it felt right.

Louis scoffed and Liam rolled his eyes while Zayn handed me a backbag with clothes. "Are you fucking kidding me? Your duty is to fucking obey my orders!" Harry spat, making me shiver.

"You broke the damn circle and you ran away like you wanted to die! And you didn't even listen to me fucking shouting at you to come back! You could've gotten yourself killed!" Harry stated angrily, throwing his hands in the air.

As much as his angry side scared me, I felt completely calm. "I didn't though, did I?" I said, pulling out from the backbag a clean sweater.

"Oh my God," Louis muttered, shaking his head in frustration.

"Claire are you dumb?" Zayn gave me a weird look.

"I already lost a soldier a few minutes ago — fuck knows what I would've done if I lost another one!" Harry scolded at me.

"I'm fucking okay, I wouldn't do this if I didn't know I was going to make it!" I stated, growing slightly impatient with their behavior.

"Yeah but you could've gotten some of us killed as we were fucking running after you to stop you!" Louis shot, pointing at me.

"I know and I'm sorry, but you guys are making a way bigger deal out of this," I claimed, causing them to look at me in disapproval. "I couldn't control myself okay? I've lost so many people, like so many," tears started to form in my eyes but I tried my best to push them back. "I was just so angry that I couldn't hold it anymore. It was either that, or staying in the car crying, and I hate crying, so I picked the first one." I said, sniffing at the end.

Their gazes seemed to soften, but Harry was still glaring daggers at me. "That is not an excuse." He spat.

"What did you expect me to do?" I growled, suddenly angry again. "You told me to go out there and fight and so did I! What's the problem now?!" I raised my voice.

"I wanted you to fucking listen to my orders! You could easily do the same job by staying here!" He snapped back.

The tension started to build again and the rest of the boys seemed to become awkward.