Chapter 63

~•~ Chapter 63 ~•~

You could feel the sad and angry tension in the air as Louis drove away from the horrific scene. It has been minutes, but it felt like a second. The corners of my eyes were burning thanks to the countless tears I wasted. Zayn has been covering his face the entire time has got his hood on, blocking everyone out. Liam is absolutely devastated. Harry looks like he's dying on the inside.

I hated this so much.

He was just sitting at the back seat a few minutes ago. And now he's gone. For good. My heart ached with sorry, guilt and sadness. He died in the worst way ever. Kate at least managed to say her last words properly. He couldn't even say a word clearly. He was choking on his own blood and couldn't breathe. The image is so fresh to my mind that I feel like my brain has been ripped open.

I kept staring at my shaky hands, trying to stop myself from freaking out right in the middle of the trip. Everyone was quiet. My wet cheeks felt tight and cold. My heart was beating very slowly. It was as if time was frozen. I could hardly look outside the window without spilling any more tears.

Chris was gone and we couldn't do anything to save him.

"Guys," Harry broke the silence, voice hoarse and laced with sadness.

None of us spoke. We just waited for him to continue.

"I know, what just happened, has affected us all very negatively, but we must keep going," he spoke lowly, voice flat. "We're still in the middle of a raid. I know...you don't want to, but we have to. I don't want any more losses tonight..we must stick together and be extra better. Please guys..we must do this." He spoke wisely, with authorative.

I know what he was saying was true, but I felt too weak to grab my gun and fight. Louis sniffed and sighed heavily before muttering a flat "Right."

"I know it's hard, but we must finish this. We can't let all the people back in the hideout down. Chris would want us to go on." Harry said, making my heart sting.

I cried again and hid my face with my hands. It was the second time I was crying in front of all the boys but I didn't care. I even saw Zayn wipe away a tear. I didn't even know if all of them were crying just like I was, but I know they wanted to. Maybe their tough demeanor won't let them show their sensitive side, but I was certain they were crying on the inside.

"He's right," Liam spoke lowly. "We must go on."

"Yeah," Zayn murmured, picking up his gun.

I didn't even look at mine. I sank deeper in my seat and hid my face away from them. Zayn gently ran up and down his hand on my arm, while Liam tried to comfort me by squeezing gently my leg. I was glad they were trying to help me, but I also felt bad for being so vulnerable.

"We're reaching the borders in a few." Harry informed, making my stomach twist anxiouslu.

When the car came to a halt, shudders ran down my spine. "Come on guys, let's go," Harry urged, jumping out of the car.

"Claire, come on," Zayn said, patting my shoulder.

"No," I murmured. I didn't want to go out there. I felt as if I would collapse on my legs.

Liam jumped out of the Jeep along with Louis, who was carrying three guns. Harry suddenly came back in and looked at me and Zayn, his eyes full of emotion. "Zayn, go," He ordered and Zayn nodded before grabbing his weapon and jumping out of the car.