Chapter 34

~•~ Chapter 34 ~•~

Next morning I woke up with a slightly aching head and a very good mood. It probably had to do with the fact that I won, that I had a good time at the roof, that I shoved Harry's wrong predictions in his face, the small amount of alcohol and the delicious fries from the buffét.

I let a happy sigh as I stood up from the bed and pushed my head away from my face. I quickly got changed, ready for today's practise. I brushed my teeth and got changed. I popped one painkiller and drank a lot of water before I left the room.

I decided to go and get Thomas with me for breakfast since I literally I didn't watch him fight yesterday and I left the party without saying a word to him. I also wanted to tease him about Erika and their little dance.

I reached his door and knocked three times. “Thomas! Rise and shine! Time to get up!” I said in a singing voice, earning a few glances from the people that walked by. I knocked twice again. “Come on! Time to eat and go get all sweaty while making ourselves look sexy!” I said, this time gladly no one was close enough to hear me.

However, he didn't open the door.

A small frown appeared on my face. Hmm, maybe he has woken up earlier than me and left? But with the hangover of his, I don't really think he would be faster than me.

I twisted the doorhandle and surprisingly it opened. I peered inside and saw his bed empty, the blanket sprawled messily. “Thomas?” I called as I stepped inside. I closed the door behind me and that's when I heard water running from the bathroom.

I walked towards the bathroom door and knocked. “Thomas!” I called loud enough for him to hear through the water.

As I hoped, the water turned off. “Who is it?!” he called back, panting. He sounded shocked.

“It's Claire you little drunk shit,” I spat back, teasing him. “Came over so we could go together for breakfast.” I said.

“A-alright, I'll be out in a few.” he muttered, making me furrow my brows.

“Are you okay?” I asked, leaning my ear against the door.

“Yeah..just...I'm fine.” he said, his voice suddenly low.

I wasn't very convinced but I decided I should let him come out so I could check him out and study him myself. “Okay, I'm waiting.” I said and went to take a seat on his bed. The water turned back on.

I shot up when I felt the sheets wet, making me scrunch my face in confusion and disgust. A few red dots were seen, but they were hidden beneath the blanket. I picked up the blanket and pulled it back, gasping in shock when I saw a small pool of blood soaking the sheets. I frowned, fear and worry flooding through me.

I stared at the blood with wide eyes, trying to guess what the hell happened. Did he get stabbed or something? But how? From who? I looked around the room to see any more signs that would help me understand what happened, but all I saw was two dots of blood on the floor that I didn't notice earlier. I pursed my lips and dropped the blanket from my head.

About two minutes later — when I was about to explode out of worry — the bathroom door opened and he stepped out, wearing a deep blue bathing robe and black flip flops. He tied the belt of the robe around his waist as he gave me a smalll weak smile. “Hey.” he greeted, his dark hair messy.