Chapter 9

~•~ Chapter 9 ~•~

Tomorrow is a new beggining...

Claire's POV

The boys and Kate were done a few minutes later, leaving Harry and I to do our job. We were quiet, none of us bothering to speak. The silence was awkward to me, but he seemed more relaxed by my side. I couldn't stop myself from stealing glances at him every now and then. Especially his hands. A few tattoos were inked on his skin and a few scars as well. He moved quickly, carefully. He was skeptical the whole time, so I didn't dare to say a word.

I turned around to grab some more dishes, thick sweat trailing down my brow. We couldn't use the dish washers, they were already full. And after all the practising Zayn put me through, I could feel my body giving up.

"I heard what you did today." he shocked me by saying, his voice deep and raspy.

I froze. What should I do? What should I say? My heart thudded louder as I picked up the plates and turned around. "Oh, really?" I asked, my voice coming out surprisingly steady.

"Yes." he placed one plate on top of the other. "It was shocking, to be honest. Never thought anyone could run that long." He said, his words making my lips curl into a small smile.

I didn't say anything, I just kept my eyes focused on my hands as I quickly tried to finish. I really wanted to go to bed. It was already midnight, and I had to wake up at 7 tomorrow morning.

"You know, I would never expect to hear the entire hideout talking about the only person who managed to break my record." He said slowly, making my stomach churn. Oh oh, is he angry? Is he jealous? Is he okay with this? I have no idea. I glanced at his face to see no emotion as he stared down, confusing me even more.

"Life is full of surprises, huh?" was all I managed to voice. I was still a bit scared he would start yelling at me, because who knows, maybe this tough façade hides a huge ego.

He suddenly dropped the plate he was about to wash and wiped his hands on the towel, muscular body turning to face me. I looked up at him, my heart thudding faster with fear. Oh God, did I upset him by saying that? He dumped the towel on the counter and leaned closer to me, hand resting on the counter beside him.

"You know Cher, you really confuse me." he said, a vain bulging out beneath his neck.

I furrowed my brows. "It's Claire." I corrected for what felt like the 100th time. Does this boy have a bad memory or something?

"Don't change the subject," he said lowly, voice coming from deep within his throat. "I have a feeling that there is something more about you than you show."

A small frown appeared on my face. "I-I.." What the hell?

He leaned even closer, making my breath hitch in my throat at how close he was. His lips could easily hover over mine and his emerald green eyes were so intent, that their pupils dilated, bringing a darker shade. Full of mystery and passion. His scent hit my senses, making my heart plummer.

"There is something you're hiding from us." he said slowly, his deep voice giving me chills. Fear brought knots to my stomach as I struggled to speak.

"What do you mean?" I asked, my brows furrowing even more.

He raised his arm and placed his hand on the wall right next to my head, the other leaning against the counter, blocking me from moving any further. I sucked in a breath when I saw a hint of anger flash behind his eyes. Oh oh.