Chapter 2

~•~ Chapter 2 ~•~

I don't know where the lights are taking us...

Claire's POV

The drive was awkwardly quiet, the car had its ups and downs as the road had a few ditches. I kept receiving stares from everyone, others suspicious, others blank. My knee hadn't stopped bleeding and we were on the road for about ten minutes. I kept pressing my hand against the wound, trying to stop the bleeding but it wasn't enough. My collarbone had also an aching pain, making me wince every now and then.

I jumped when I heard a rip from my left. I turned to see Harry holding a ripped part of his tee in his hand before he leaned in to wrap it around my knee. His hands moved quickly and carefully, showing experience. I was surprised he did that, because I wasn't expecting him to care. Once the cloth was tightly tied around my knee, he leaned back and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Thanks." I said quietly and he gave me a small nod, his eyes staring outside.

The four of us in the back were quite uncomfortable since it was too tight. I kept my hands in front of me, fidgeting with my fingers nervously. My empty gun was on my lap. I was still scared and still in pain. The guy who has such an attractive face on my right kept stealing glances at me, probably wondering who I am. I was scared to tell them my real name. Scared that even if I tell them everything about me, they will kill me.

The blonde guy took out a bottle and started gulping down a liquid. I stared at him, feeling my throat hoarse and dry. I wanted to drink plenty of water, since I was running for minutes, maybe hours. I don't know how that zombie entered my hidehout, but he did and I had to leave at midnight, which is too dangerous, but I didn't have any other choice.

He suddenly turned around and looked at me, making my stomach churn. He raised the bottle and cocked a brow. "Want some?" he asked, surprising me.

"Umm.." I hesitated to speak, thinking he was referring to someone else in here than me.

"It's water." he said and held it closer to me, his blue eyes kind, not suspicious or angry or anything else.

I nodded and gave him a small, shy smile. "Yes, please." I said quietly and he handed me the bottle. Once the first gulp went down my throat, my thirst grew stronger and I couldn't help myself from drinking it all.

The driver chuckled. "Give her some more, she's probably still thirsty." he said casually, making me like him.

"Here," the guy on my right handed me another bottle, his caramel eyes warm as they looked at me.

"Thank you." I gave him a small smile and gulped down some more water, loving how cool it was and how it satisfied my thirst.

Once I drank half of it, the bottle was taken away from me. "That's enough." Harry said coldly, screwing the lid.

I lowered my head, feeling somehow bad at the moment. I was still thirsty, the truth is, but it was their bottles, I couldn't drink all of it. Harry had something intimidating on him. Something that scared me. He had such a demanding voice, such a powerful figure. He was the leader, I was certain. And who can go against the leader's words? Certainly not me, a stranger who happen to find me in the middle of nowhere.

"Come on Harold, don't be like this." The driver said, turning the Jeep on the left.

"Liam, don't." The blonde one shook his head, his hand on Liam's shoulder.

The driver nodded and didn't say anything else during the drive to wherever we were going. I was scared to ask. I was scared to sigh. I was scared to even move my hands from my lap. I was scared that he would yell at me or something. He was scaring me, like a lot.