Chapter 12

~•~ Chapter 12 ~•~

Sometimes we all need someone to help us..

Claire's POV

I seriously wished I could turn back time before Louis pushed me into this maze and closed the door behind me. I would've kicked that guy's ass without a second thought for putting me here.

They all stared at me with hunger, their dead eyes totally frightening me. I gulped, my voice gone for good. I don't know for how long I stood there frozen, just staring the enemy. It could've been minutes, but it felt like it was months.

“Surprise surprise.” Louis said to my ear, making anger rush up to me.

“Louis, I swear I'm going to kick your ass.” I muttered, loading my gun.

“Oooh,” Liam and Niall laughed.

“Whatever, if you manage to get out of the maze then you can enter the army group. If not, bye bye.”  Louis said.

“Who put those rules anyway?” I huffed.

“Louis.” Niall and Liam both replied simultaneously.

“What a surprise,” I mumbled sarcastically.

Niall and Liam cackled, sending a small jolt of frustration through me. Yeah okay guys, laugh while I have to face twenty hungry zombies in a damn room.

“Come on Claire, it's not that difficult for you-,“ I didn't listen to the rest of Louis' words, however, as I let a tiny scream when two zombies started running towards me, causing the rest of the others to follow pursuit.

I swiftly raised my gun and aimed at the first two, repeatedly shooting as I managed to kill four of them in a matter of seconds. I was quick, careful not to miss a zombie. They all started getting closer, making me move backwards, my back hitting the door behind me. Fuck.

I moved my gun from one angle to the other, shooting the ones that were closer to gain some time and space. The disgusting smell of blood hit my nostrils and I tried to ignore it. Just as I managed to kill 7 of them, I heard a click once I pulled the trigger. Heat came all the way up to my head as fear hit me, seeing I ran out of bullets. My wide eyes looked up to see the zombies storming towards me, dropping the bloody meat on the floor as they attacked me. For a moment, it made me wonder, why do they want to eat me when they already have flesh in their hands? Why is their hunger so strong?

Out of panic, I threw my large empty gun towards them, hitting three of then right in the face and making them fall to the ground, causing a few others to stumble on their feet. I quickly took out my other gun from my waistband and aimed, taking 3 of them down. They were all closer and deep anxiety had taken over my stomach as I tried to kill them before they got too close.

My hands were on fire, my brain demanding my body to be quick and spesific as possible. A terrible sight made my insides churn. Once I shot a zombie right in his open mouth, he stood straight for a few seconds, blood rushing out from his swollen lips and a small gap made by the bullet was deeply into his throat. His red eyes rolled back, his head following before he collapsed on the floor with a loud thud.

I tried not to look at that dead body as I refocused on my purpose. A few of these were only left, so I was slightly relieved and relaxed. When the last zombie fell down on the floor with a bullet sank into his heart, I sighed heavily and leaned against the door, sweat running down my back as I panted.