Chapter 69

~•~ Chapter 69 ~•~

Once I jumped off the window and landed on my feet, I knew this was going to be a very difficult mission. I followed Harry and crouched down behind a car. I felt so anxious. Not only was our Jeep at the front of the hotel, right where this huge wave of zombies was heading to, but we also got a few guns and I hadn't counted my bullets.

“Oh man.” Louis mumbled, staring with wide eyes at the zombies running towards the entry like maniacs. They probably had seen us running inside earlier.

“This is a bad idea,” Thomas said as he jumped off.

“Shut up and hide.” Liam said as he ducked down behind one of the cars, right next to me and Harry.

“They can't be just 30, are you fucking kidding me, they must be more than 70.” Niall cursed, glaring up at the helicoptet as he rushed to hide next to Thomas.

“70 stupid brainless bastards.” Zayn said, loading his gun with a smirk. “This is going to be fun.”

Louis gave him a strange look. “Seriously Zayn mate, some times I try to understand how you find all this shit fun.” He said, moving his hand.

“Live life to the fullest till your last breath.” Zayn winked before raising his gun. “Is it clear?” he asked, looking at the other end of the line, where Harry was checking up the streets and the zombies.

“They're too many.” Harry said before turning to look at us. “We'll have to split.”

“I was so fucking sure he was going to say that.” Louis muttered, staring up at the sky, his back pressed against the car as he sat down at the concrete with his gun in his hand.

“Claire comes with me, Niall, Louis and Zayn you guys go back to the parking lot and take two Jeeps and come back to get us. Liam, Thomas, you cover me and Claire up by going up to that balcony,” he instructed, pointing at the building ten meters away. “And shooting down every one that chases after us. Any questions?” he said, face serious as hell.

My stomach tightened and as much as I wanted to ask what we were going to do, I decided I shouldn't waste any more time with stupid questions. Thank God Louis didn't make any either.

“Good, let's go.” Harry said and suddenly stood up, having me jerking up to my feet.

We all split up to go to our own destinations. I stuck close to Harry, my eyes scanning around the place. I was so scared one of the zombies running across the other street would see us and cause everyone to turn and chase after us.

“Group 7,2 and 5, go and cover the entry. Don't let any of those bastards come inside the hotel. Will, hold that bomb still.” Harry spoke to the bracelet, his other hand holding tightly his gun.

“Understood.”

“Watch out,” Harry's arm suddenly pushed me behind him into a halt as he hid behind a large cologne of a building. I sucked in a breath, my heart skipping beats. Two zombies passed past us, two focused on joining the others than looking around them.

Just when I thought they would leave, one of them stopped running and sniffed in the air. I held my breath, hoping he won't turn around. My clothes were stained with blood and I knew he could smell it. My hand that was holding the gun was sweating. Harry stiffened beside me, his green eyes focused on the zombie's head. The zombie suddenly turned and looked at us before growling.

Harry suddenly lunged forward and snapped the zombie's head, causing a loud crack to hit my ears and send chills down my spine. I crigned and looked away, scrunching my lips in disgust.