SEVENTY EIGHT

July 21
Tuesday, Iowa

{warning; swearing, just like basically every chapter}

It just hit 12 in the afternoon when Marly and Colby's plane touched down in Iowa and their first stop was to pick Kevin up from Colby's parents house. The dog had been staying there, whenever Colby was on the road and the two couldn't be more excited to see the little dog more than anything.

They took off from the airport once Colby's father had picked them up in his white Mercedes Benz, the interior black and red. Marly thought it was a little odd for an older man to drive this kind of car, but Marly soon found out Colby had bought it for him one Christmas, right before Colby was pushed up onto the main roster, and his father's favorite color was red. That wasn't too odd, the thought afterwards.

The car stopped in the drive way of the Lopez household, Colby's father pulling out the keys and hopping out of the car. The other two followed along, leaving their bags in the car as Mr Lopez was their way back to Colby's apartment.

They entered the house and the first thing Marly did, was squeal like an excited young girl, drop to her knees and pick up a tail-wagging Kevin.

"Kevy! My baby boy, I missed you," she cooed and accepted his slobbery kisses, all over her neck and jaw. Her fingers rubbed into his fur, scratching behind his ears just as the dog enjoyed.

Colby laughed at the scene, never haven seen her more excited than to see a dog. He gets on a knee next to Marly, reaching over and petting the dogs fur as she did.

"How's our little boy been, huh? Were you a good boy while we were away?" Kevin squirmed and leapt into his arms, his tongue now slobbering over his beard and neck.

Marly pouted for a second at the loss, but soon stood up and brought Beatrice into a hug, smiling as she reached on to her tippy toes to wrap her arms around the older woman's shoulders.

"Marly, dear. It's so nice to see you again, sweetheart."

"It's nice to see you too, Mrs Lopez."

Beatrice pulled back and tsk'd, shaking Marly by the shoulders. "Beatrice, sweetie. Just Beatrice."

The blonde smiles and let's it a chuckle, "yes ma'am- I mean, Beatrice," she corrected herself after the older woman raised a brow.

Beatrice chuckles and moves on to pull her son into a hug. "And it's always good to see you again, my boy. How's work?"

"Glad to see you mom," Colby says and hugs her with one arm, holding Kevin with the other. "Work is work, it only gets better with my girl by my side."

Marly smiles, taking her eyes away from Colby who grins down at her. Beatrice claps her hands, coo'ing.

"Is there going to be more storylines with the two of you? Honestly I can't ever get enough of seeing you both work together on tv. It makes me so proud."

"And she never stops talking about it," Jason says as he comes down the hall after disappearing, handing two glasses of lemonade to Marly and Colby. They thank him, Colby smiling at his mother.

"There's going to be a hell of a lot more, I can assure you that. But for now, you can see us in person instead of a tv."

Marly hums, taking a sip of her lemonade before taking the dog from Colby who raises his upper lip, teasingly. She sneers back at him, her eyes squinting. She looks back to his parents, a smile breaking out on her lips. "We're here until Sunday night."

"Oh, joy! Then Friday we can have a family dinner, how does that sound?"

"Friday?" Colby and Jason say at the same time, looking at Beatrice. She raises her brows, folding her arms over her chest.