S E V E N T EE N

Edited

[Video is of Jeff Hardy swantoning off of the titantron stand]

Fast Lane
February 22

The time ticked by, seeming to go slower with every tick that came from the little hand. Marly sat on the bench in Joe's locker room, waiting for him to get there.

Since Raw, Marly hadn't once had a great conversation with Seth. She would say 'hi' and he would nod or she would text him and not get a reply. Her little scandal on Raw caused him to give her the cold shoulder. She knew hitting him in the groin would get some kind of reaction from him but ignoring her all the way to Fast Lane? That was a little extreme for a little knee to the nuts.

Her black polished fingers tapped on her bare knee, rolling her head around her shoulders before glaring at the clock. How long was Joe going to take?

For the past week she had worked out with Joe, Cena, Daniel Bryan; to which she had to say sorry to him in order for Brie to work out with them as well, and the twins came along. Dean came once and Marly tried her best to avoid him but he would give her a gentle smile and she would give one back, not being able to leave the gym. She wanted to stay away from him, she really did but she couldn't do that to herself. Knowing Dean was Jon, made her feel uncomfortable but she had to get passed that and accept the fact that he's family. And family stick together if they know each other or not.

She had been taught some basic moves from the three superstars, already knowing Dean's Dirty Deeds and was feeling great with her body. She felt as if she became more of a high flyer and more flexible in many different categories. Now, she could put it to the test tonight.

The door to the locker room opened and Joe walked with his shades on, rolling his suitcase behind him. Marly stood from the bench, crossing her arms. Putting his bag against the wall, Joe had finally noticed her.

"Hey baby girl, what're you doing here?" He asked while walking over and pulling her into a tight hug. Marly sighed, wrapping her arms around his waist and leaning her head on his chest.

"Trying not to stress, maybe avoid some people," she said lightly.

"Avoid people? From what?"

"From getting doubted," she said while pulling away and moving to sit back in on the bench.

Joe sighed, patting her head. "Don't worry about what people think. People doubt I can't beat Daniel tonight and they're really doubting me against Lesnar at Wrestlemania. But you know what?"

"What?" She asked while he sat next to her.

He grabbed her hand, patting her palm. "Don't let anybody get in your head. If you believe you can do it, you can. That's all that matters. Nobody else's opinion matters, have faith in yourself because faith is what keeps you going."

Marly turned her head, a smile forming on her lips. "See, I think I was adopted. I'm probably really your sister."

Joe laughed, "what makes you think that?"

"You treat me like I'm blood. We mind as well be related since I can do your Samoan roar quite intimidatingly."

Joe gave her a look and they both burst out laughing. "I wish you were, baby girl. But let's face it, you look nothing like me. You look more of someone else," he hinted, sarcastically.

Marly rolled her eyes, nudging him with her shoulder. "If I dyed my hair black, I think we'd be identical."

Joe chuckled and kissed the top of her head, standing up. "Whatever floats your boat, sister."