F O U R T EE N

Edited**

Tuesday Morning
Marly~

I thought to myself that I would maybe want to try being blind for one day just so I don't have to look at that annoying sun that's shinning through the curtains right now. I have nothing against blind people but were they not able to see the brightness of the sun? If so, they're damn well lucky.

The sun was blinding in my eyes as it was brighter against the white silk curtains that hung against the windows in the hotel. I flipped onto my side so my eyes could be enveloped in the darkness of the white pillows that laid under my head.

An echoing, vibrating noise sounded somewhere in front of me but I didn't want to open my eyes and look. My phone continued to vibrate then stopped, to which I was thankful for as I grinned and snuggled further into the comforter.

Then again, my phone vibrated. My eyes fluttered open in a lazy glare as I caught sight of my phone vibrating against the bed side table, it's screen lighting up from an incoming call. Does this person not see the time?

I shifted closer to the edge of the bed, my hand flopping over to land on top of my phone. I grabbed it and rubbed my eyes with one hand, blinking to focus my vision on the lit up screen.
Unknown. Who the hell?

I rolled my eyes and let it ring, resting my head back on the pillows. Probably some stupid survey shit or whatever.

A loud groan creeped up my throat as the bed began to vibrate from my phone going off again. I looked at the screen to see it was Unknown again. That's it, nobody wakes me up with an unknown call.

Sliding my finger along the answer button, I pressed 'speaker' so I didn't have to move my head or lift my arm to hold the phone.

"What?" I snapped into the phone.

"Well hello to you too, Sweetheart. Your morning voice is cute and all but I do believe it's time to wake up," came the voice from the other end. I lifted my head with confusion written in my face.

"Colby? How the hell did you get my number?" I asked while kicking the covers off my legs.

He chuckled through the phone, "I have my ways sweetheart. Now, mind getting up and opening your door? I have breakfast."

I clicked my phone to check the time. 9:13am. Is he serious? "You do see the time, yes?"

Colby sighed as a bang sounded on the door and through the phone. "I'm going to bang my head against your door until you open it. And when people ask what I'm doing, I'll start singing that Titanic crap to you."

I sat up in bed and grabbed my phone. "Colby don't you dare start singing," I warned while standing from the bed.

The phone beeped twice, indicating that he hung up just as his voice rang out in the hallway.

"Once more, you open the door! And you're here in my heart and my heart will go on and on!" He sang, rather loudly and horribly may I add. I dropped my phone on the bed and dashed through the small hotel room, throwing open the door and pulling Colby in by his arm then slamming the door. I smacked his chest. (Who read that and sang the lyrics? ✋🏻Me too)

"You will never, and I mean never, sing that again without me as back up," I warned as I grabbed the bag of McDonalds from his hand and walked over to sit on the couch. Colby laughed and followed behind me, plopping down next to me.

"And why not? I bet your neighbors liked it," he stated proudly while opening the bag and pulling out a bacon and egg sandwich on a bagel.

"No they didn't, and because you absolutely suck at singing," I snapped while opening my own egg sandwich.