T W E L V E

Edited

Wednesday
'Strangers Like Me'
Marly~

To say I was speechless, was an understatement. Warm tears were dripping down my cheeks landing on my jeans as my legs were crossed under me. My mouth hung open as I looked through photos of Jonathan as a baby and some of myself, then some of the both of us together. Our birth certificates were in the envelope also, photos paper clipped onto it.

I sniffled as I looked at my birth certificate than the picture of Jonathan and I. He looked to be around 3 as I might have been a few months old. We were laying in diapers on a bed, Jonathan was holding me as he smiled up at the camera as I think I was biting his cheek. I chuckled at that. I looked like an ornery child. Jonathan was adorable, his dirty blonde hair in soft waves that matted his head, his eyes a light but dark blue. Similar to mine.

I can't believe I'm just now seeing baby pictures. Not just of me, but of Jonathan as well. 25 years later and it was the first time I saw my birth certificate and a picture of my brother and I together before we were separated. I felt like I could full out start bawling. I grabbed my phone off the dresser and sent a quick message, not knowing if I was going to regret this or not.

To: Superman👊🏼
'I think it's time we have a talk. Face to face.'

Setting down my phone, I took the small photo of Jonathan and I and got out of bed, making my way down the hall and downstairs. I wiped any remaining tears away from my cheeks before I walked into the living room, watching as Scarlett sat with Jack cuddled to her side.

"Scar?" I whispered. Her head turned and she looked at me. Seeing my red puffy eyes and the frown on my face, she immediately settled Jack next to a pillow before getting up and coming to stand in front of me.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

I bit my lip and held out the photo for her. She looked down at it and glanced up at me before taking it into her hands and flipping it over. Her jaw dropped and her head tilted down , bringing the picture closer to her face.

She looked back up at me with a frown. "Oh god, Mars," she whined before wrapping her arms around me in a tight hug. I took in a shaky breath and choked back tears before pulling away.

"This is the first I've seen pictures, even my birth certificate," I explained in a low voice.

Scarlett pursed her lips and scanned the photo. "You were both such cute babies. Gosh, look how chubby your cheeks were."

I rolled my eyes as she started babbling on about how chubby we were as babies. My lip quirked up in a smile as I shook my head.

"Every baby that comes out is way too cute. Like Jack was," I said while glancing at the sleeping boy on the couch. Scar nodded and handed me back the photo.

"At least you've seen it. Is there anything you need me to do?"

I sighed and looked her in the eyes. "I'm gonna go to Florida. Hopefully by morning."

She gaped at me, "what? What for?!"

I hushed her and took another glance at Jackson. "I think I need to have a face to face conversation with Roman."

Scarlett looked at me with wide eyes. "Ohhhhh. Roman, right. But why go now? You have a couple more days."

"I know but, I just need time to myself right now. I'll be back before you know it, Scar. I promise."

She sighed but nodded her head and brought me into another hug. "When's the next pay per view by the way? Just so I have a heads up."

I thought for a moment. "Later this month, 23rd I think. I'm not scheduled for a match yet but we'll see. I'm gonna go up to my room for a while, okay? Maybe we can order Chinese?"