N I N E

Edited
Monday Night Raw
Marly~

So, apparently Hunter and Stephanie are making a big announcement at the beginning of Raw tonight, and I really wanted to find out what it was about. I don't know if it was about the Lesnar situation, Roman winning the Royal Rumble or the Sting situation that Hunter has going on. Maybe it was all three, but that's why I was backstage with most of the locker room, watching on the monitor as Hunter and Stephanie were in the ring.

"I bet you it's mostly about Roman winning the Rumble," Dean said in my ear as we watched the monitor. Hunter just finished speaking about Sting and how he challenged him at Fast Lane.

I shrugged, "I already know it is, Deano. They don't respect the fact that he won. They just think he won because of the Rock. Honestly, if I didn't fall with Rusev, I would be going to Wrestlemania with that bastard. Friend or not, I would've kicked Reigns' ass."

Dean chuckled, his hand going to his chest as he crossed his arms. "I have no doubt that you would've. In fact, I think the authority wanted you to win." I nodded my head, already knowing that's why they put me in there. "Can I ask you something?" I looked at him and nodded for him to continue. He sighed, "why were you really in the Rumble match?"

I took a deep breath before slowly releasing it. I knew this was coming. "Well, the authority did want me to win, yes-but I had my own purposes. A purpose that I didn't mention to them for the real reason why I wanted in."

"And what's that?"

I looked at him and pulled him down so I could whisper in his ear. " I wanted to make sure you or Roman won the Rumble." Leaning back, I avoided eye contact and looked at the screen.

Dean sighed next to me, "is that the truth?"

"Yes!" I snapped, whirling my head to look up at him. "It's nothing but the truth."

Dean didn't say anything further so I looked back to the monitor watching what Hunter was saying.

"What would've happened if the Rock didn't interfere?" Stephanie asked, a disgusted look crossing her features. "What would've happened if he didn't stick his nose where it didn't belong? There could've been a different outcome. Marly Sky could've went off to face Brock Lesnar for the WWE title!"

I smirked at that, Dean chuckling next to me. "So, it makes us question whether or not that outcome should apply, what I mean by that is Roman Reigns will officially go down in the record books as the winner, of the Royal Rumble. But should he, should he go on to face Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight championship? Some-" just as she was about to finish about Wrestlemania, Roman's music played and the cameras zoomed in on him walking down the ramp.

"Why does he still do that?" I questioned.

Dean looked at me, "come down the steps?"

"Yeah. That was the Shield's thing, I know. I just don't get why he still does it when coming down the ramp is so much easier." Dean shrugged and shook his head, not knowing either.

Roman jumped over the barricade and grabbed the mic from the steps, getting into the ring and getting right in Hunter's face.

Roman didn't waste any time in talking. "So you're telling me, that I won the Royal Rumble match, earned the right to main event Wrestlemania and you're just gonna take that away from me? Hell no."

Roman got closer to Hunter, towering over him by an inch, noses almost touching. Stephanie stepped in, trying to push the two away from each other, calling for Roman to calm down. Once she got them separated, she stepped in front of Hunter.