05 ❅

december 31st

"did you kiss him as a birthday gift" jimin asks hoseok, driving him to his apartment, so they can both see the new year unfold.

"no, we hung out like friends, like anyone would on someone's birthday," hoseok answers back, pouting slightly, putting his face into his hands.

"well did you confess?"

"...no, i have 45 more days, do i not?" hoseok asks jimin but actually wishes he did confess so he could just get this over with.

rejection always happened for him, so this wouldn't be any different, but he just began to develop a friendship with the boy so he also doesn't want to lose that.

"oh i see, do you have a plan for when we go back to school?" jimin asks the older, wriggling his eyebrows.

"..no?"

"well that settles it then, looks like i'm going to have to come up with a plan for your confession," jimin coos whilst smiling, parking his car at his complex.

"oh god, please don't jiminie," the older begs his best friend, knowing there's no use in doing so, since he will still come up with a plan no matter how much he begs.

jimin unlocks his apartment door, taking off his shoes, leaving the door open for hoseok, hanging up his coat and checks the time on his phone. '11:49 almost time for the new year to commence' he thinks.

the younger walks into his living room and turns on the channel where the ball that represents the new year will be dropped, and watches the loud crowd cheer in the dim light that he sees appearing on the screen.

hoseok locks the door, putting his shoes and coat the same place jimin has put his own, walking over to where jimin is on the couch and plops down.

as they wait for it to get closer to 12 am, jimin decides to bring up a conversation, "so what are your new years resolutions going to be~ you know besides confessing to taehyung for once."

hoseok hits jimin playfully and thinks before opening his mouth to speak, "i guess maybe to lose weight? i'm getting kind of fat, and i want to have the perfect body before i confess to tae."

jimin shakes his head, "you aren't fat hobi, don't say stuff like that." hoseok just shrugs, people at school always called him fat, so why shouldn't he believe them?

it's now 11:59 and hoseok and jimin are sounding like children, counting down until the clock turns 12.

"four"

"three"

"two"

"one"

the clock clicks, the ball drops, the crowd cheers louder on he television screen, hoseok and jimin pop little confetti cannons, steamers running down everywhere on the floor, it's a new year, new things will happen, this year may be better than the last but it may also be worst.

hoseok could get rejected or he could have the boyfriend he always wanted. he could stop being so awkward and make more friends besides jimin, or he could keep his one and only friend and enjoy his company.

'forty-four days,' hoseok thought to himself.

-
happy new year!