Don't Leave (Dex)

Angst warning? It didn't really make me cry, but oh well. Some people are way more sensitive than me.

---

  Tears rolled down Dex's face. He sat next to a bed, his hand stuck in between the satin blue curtains that hung from the rings on the bed. Lying in bed was his girlfriend, [YN] [YLN]..A beautiful girl with an unforgettable smile, silky [YHL] [YHC] hair that caressed her smooth [ST] cheeks. A sleeping beauty. Though if you looked at her now, you'd blink several times and think your eyesight was ruined. But [YN] was in a coma...

  She had a light leaping accident returning to [YHN] from Foxfire. She was very close to fading. And has been getting injected with Fade Fuel. Dex sat at his girlfriend's side for a good 2 weeks, watching her form discolor then solidify before dissipating like a rainbow appearing in a sprinkler. Elwin warned that he too would fade if he held her hand or was in physical contact for too long of a time. But it wasn't like he cared. His curly strawberry blonde hair was disheveled and undone. His breath was worse than Iggy's. And his heart was broken into a million pieces.

  Dex looked for virtually any sign that she was okay. Yeah, she was breathing. But that didn't mean too much to him. His girlfriend could be stuck in a coma for all he knew.

  He gave a shaky sigh, pushing his head between the curtains. He laid his head near her arm, his pointy ears dusted red with his frustration. His eyes got red, his nose itched with a burning sensation. Dex crawled into [YN]'s bed and pulled her into his arms, gently crying into her faded hair. He pecked at her cheek, then her neck.

  "Dex, what happened? I heard some movement."Fitz murmured as he entered the room. He backed up a little when he saw Dex lying in the bed. He looked back into the living room and Dex heard a whispered "Elwin!"

  Dex cried louder, he didn't want to be ripped away from her presence as they had done to him before. His grip on her faded hand tightened, and Dex began to pulse in and out of his solid form. He propped himself up on his elbow, gazing down at [YN]'s disturbingly peaceful porcelain face with his periwinkle eyes. He raised their connected hands to his lips, kissing the back of her smooth [ST] hand. His voice shook as he spoke lowly to her unmoving form.

  "Listen, baby, I want you to know that I love you so much. Nothing in this world could stop me from loving you, and I'll love you for the rest of eternity. And it's life with you that I was looking forward to."He choked up, tears rolling down his cheeks. "But i-if you wanna let go...[YN], baby, go ahead and let go."

  Dex's voice cracked. He didn't want to do this, he didn't want to let her go. After 2 weeks. Why couldn't it be 2 months? Or 2 years? It would've been so much easier for him. He would've had a reason to leave. He was clinging for too long. That's what he wanted. Not to leave his beloved girlfriend after barely 14 days. His eyes traced her still unmoving form. He shook her hand desperately, wanting a response. Anything.

  "Please let me know that you're there, sugar. You can let go, it's okay. If that's what you want, I'll let you fade..but I won't love anyone else for the rest of my life. I swear. You were my one and only [YN]. I didn't want to leave you so soon. I don't want all our good memories to fade with you. I won't let them. I'll never forget. I'll even write them all down! It hurts me to let you leave, but I have to. Because I don't want to anchor you when your life could be way better in Heaven. Or wherever you think, in the Afterlife. Whichever you prefer."He laughed dryly, wiping his tears with her hand.

Your POV

(You: Wait, I thought I was in a coma. Or like...dead. Author: WELP, I DON'T GET THE POINT OF KILLING YOUR SEXY ASS.)