Formal Night

*About a month or so later*

"Dustin! Zoey! Let's go or you're gonna be late!" I yelled to them as I stood at the door.

"We heard you the first hundred times!" I got back.

They came out and started walking towards me a couple minutes later. I walked both of them out to the bus and waited.

"Don't forget to pick up our clothes for formal tonight." Zoey told me as the bus came around the bend.

"I won't. Have a great day you two." I hugged them both and they got onto the bus.

As the bus pulled away, I was met by Wade picking me up bridal style.

"Duh dum da-dum, duh dum da-dum." He sang.

"What are you doing?" I laughed as he carried me back to the house.

"Carrying my lovely bride to her honeymoon sweet." He told me.

"You're so ornery." I chuckled and continued to let him carry me.

He carried me in and plopped both of us down on the couch.

"No, I'm tired. Take me back to bed, my fair prince." I whined and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I wanted to talk first." He said seriously.

"About what?" I asked, genuinely curious for what was to come.

"Us." He looked me dead in the eyes and said.

"What about us?" I got even more nervous.

"We can't keep this up if you're just gonna out sexy me in literally everything! Even with your tiny prego belly, you look hot as hell!" He said seriously and rubbed my small bump.

"You scared the shit outta me!" I slapped his arm.

"You really think I'd break up with you. Me, the one with a sick and demented mind that's considered the most grotesque thing in our whole comic book world, would leave you, the man of most people's wet dreams with an ass as sweet as candy and as plump as two watermelons? Petey, I'd never imagine leaving you. If anything, I thought you'd leave me for some stupid shit I did; like, killing someone in cold blood." He rambled.

"Wade, you give yourself no credit. Honestly, if you wouldn't've stuck around, I'd be back at the tower with my shit job for Mr. Jameson. I'd be raising the twins as a single father, of course with the help of everyone there but that's not the point. If you weren't in the picture, mine and the kid's lives would've been completely different."

"Not really, all I've done is bought the house. Your dads and everyone at the tower did more for them than I have."

"That's not true! You've done so much for them! Whether you know it or not, you've been one of the biggest influences on them."

"Me?" I nodded with a smirk.

"How so?" He raised an eyebrow.

"They learned not to judge someone on their appearance, for one. That's not a rip that you're ugly or anything, you just joke about it a lot and they've learned not to judge someone else on just their appearance because of it; which is a great thing! Clint and Natasha might've taught them self defense, but you taught them how to handle themselves better than they did. They know what to do if someone tried to hurt or attack them or even if they see it happening to someone else because you taught them how to! You've been a huge influence on them and without you being here through it all, they wouldn't've turned out the way they did. We probably don't say it enough, but those kids turned out extremely well compared to other kids their age."